Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Re: Serious question relating to us and FFP

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The first rule of negotiation is to let the other party think they are still getting the better end of any deal.

UEFA and the Premier League are soon to fall for the biggest sucker punch in football history.

And when those plans are released, and the reality sets in, all we will hear is piss and wind, piss and wind.

In three years our turnover will be closer to Real Madrid than United.

My thoughts exactly

I'm no cynic said:
If FFP did happen to be adopted by the Premier League, I fail to see how it could ever be religiously adhered to. It is OK for the likes of Arsenal, Spuds, Chelsea and Manure to relish it as they have had either a long run of European campaigns or London pricing to help them build up their commercial success, something that is only a dream for clubs in the more deprived areas of the country. But if we look at it logically and think that ONLY ONE CLUB can win the title, yet THREE CLUBS WILL BE RELEGATED and will face a severe drop in income, then how would clubs like QPR fare with these rules after going on a spree to keep their status? There is going to be a huge fall off in income for relegated teams with the new TV deal soon to kick in, and ALL CLUBS, not just those mentioned above, are desperate to be part of it. And if that means spending wildly to remain part of that elite, then spending is what they will do.

That base has already been covered. They are increasing the parachute payments to relegated clubs by a further ten per cent over four years.

Clubs will get £21m a year for two years and an additional £13m for the following two.

It's dressed up as recognising the new TV deal, ensuring clubs don't collapse.

In actual fact, it's old-fashioned bribery to buy the vote of Premier League chairmen for the FFPR agenda.

It's bullshit. Those clubs going down will vote for it because they will have more money to put in the bank and still be better off than the rest of the teams in the Championship.

The Football League are not happy one bit, but they also only have themselves to blame. They were first to bring in financial fair play rules.

Clubs such as West Brom, Norwich, Reading, won't give a fuck about relegation, their silence has been bought and so has the return tickets to the Premier League for the next decade.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'm no cynic said:
If FFP did happen to be adopted by the Premier League, I fail to see how it could ever be religiously adhered to. It is OK for the likes of Arsenal, Spuds, Chelsea and Manure to relish it as they have had either a long run of European campaigns or London pricing to help them build up their commercial success, something that is only a dream for clubs in the more deprived areas of the country. But if we look at it logically and think that ONLY ONE CLUB can win the title, yet THREE CLUBS WILL BE RELEGATED and will face a severe drop in income, then how would clubs like QPR fare with these rules after going on a spree to keep their status? There is going to be a huge fall off in income for relegated teams with the new TV deal soon to kick in, and ALL CLUBS, not just those mentioned above, are desperate to be part of it. And if that means spending wildly to remain part of that elite, then spending is what they will do.

That base has already been covered. They are increasing the parachute payments to relegated clubs by a further ten per cent over four years.

Clubs will get £21m a year for two years and an additional £13m for the following two.

In actual fact, it's old-fashioned bribery to buy the vote of Premier League chairmen for the FFPR agenda.

It's bullshit. Those clubs going down will vote for it because they will have more money to put in the bank and still be better off than the rest of the teams in the Championship.

The Football League are not happy one bit, but they also only have themselves to blame. They were first to bring in financial fair play rules.

Clubs such as West Brom, Norwich, Reading, won't give a fuck about relegation, their silence has been bought and so has the return tickets to the Premier League for the next decade.

That may be so, there have been parachute payments since TV got into football in a serious way. But just look at the Championship and all those clubs who fell out of the Premier League and have failed to get back again. Parachute payments have done nothing for Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves just to name a few. Some of the clubs there have gone into meltdown since losing their status, and if a club doesn't return at the first attempt, it will be a long time before they ever make it back again, and be severely weakened for it.

I'm no cynic said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'm no cynic said:

That may be so, there have been parachute payments since TV got into football in a serious way. But just look at the Championship and all those clubs who fell out of the Premier League and have failed to get back again. Parachute payments have done nothing for Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves just to name a few. Some of the clubs there have gone into meltdown since losing their status, and if a club doesn't return at the first attempt, it will be a long time before they ever make it back again, and be severely weakened for it.
I think the motivation for owners of clubs like Reading, Southampton and West Ham stems as much from the prospects to generate dividends as the ability of their clubs to bounce straight back to the Premier League.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The first rule of negotiation is to let the other party think they are still getting the better end of any deal.

UEFA and the Premier League are soon to fall for the biggest sucker punch in football history.

And when those plans are released, and the reality sets in, all we will hear is piss and wind, piss and wind.

Can't wait :-) Great news

haugemcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Can't wait :-) Great news

At which point the football mafia run by Gill and Platinni will come up with some more bullshit rules to thwart us. Making whatever the plans are irrelevant. Without a doubt this is going one way... Court and will will fall in behind PSG or Anzhi .

On another note. All this about EU backing. Since UEFA membership is not exclusive to EU countries. How will the likes of Anzhi tackle this. Where will jurisdiction lie. ?

haugemcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

You seriously think our turnover will surpass United's in 3 years? I hope it's true but I seriously doubt that will happen, particularly as it looks like they are likely to win more trophies than us during that period.

Shaelumstash said:
haugemcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

You seriously think our turnover will surpass United's in 3 years? I hope it's true but I seriously doubt that will happen, particularly as it looks like they are likely to win more trophies than us during that period.

You seriously doubt it will happen?

Our commercial revenue is already up with them, despite prostituting themselves to over 30 companies over the last 12 months.

United are maxed-out, we are within striking distance of turnover, already. That's despite United winning silverware for 20 years and us only getting investment four years ago.

Regardless of what they win, and they certainly haven't won more trophies than us in the last two years, you need to factor in what you cannot yet see.

A campus and series of developments that are akin to printing money hand-over-fist.

Soon, everyone will see and it will seriously blow minds, as well as any concerns over FFPR.

I'm always bemused by people envisaging our owners are sat on their hands, waiting to be put back in their corner.

Nobody puts City in the corner.

Shaelumstash said:
particularly as it looks like they are likely to win more trophies than us during that period.

Does it?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Soon, everyone will see and it will seriously blow minds, as well as any concerns over FFPR.

I'm always bemused by people envisaging our owners are sat on their hands, waiting to be put back in their corner.

Nobody puts City in the corner.

I don't know what you know that we don't know in this respect, and I'm not looking for clues, but I'd be very disappointed if our owner and Khaldoon didn't have something up their sleeve. Khaldoon's involvement alone says that these guys are not messing around: as far as I am aware, KAM is not Mansour's right hand man but that of the real Sheiky Boss Man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.