Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Re: Serious question relating to us and FFP

George Hannah said:
City branded as cheats! There's a shock.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/04/manchester-city-financial-fair-play" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... -fair-play</a>?

Infantino is talking absolute shite. Nobody at Uefa has answered any of the numerous questions that would expose how flawed it is.

black mamba said:
FFP ...primarily agreed in 2009 , and primarily designed to stop City , but hidden under the 'umbrella' of creating a level playing field ..... a 'level playing field' that hasn't been there since the Premiership began in 1992 , and maybe beyond.

That's their prime target .. halting City .... but Platini probably hopes that if puts a spoke in the works of one or two others whilst it's at it then it won't be such a bad thing ..... although he'd probably prefer PSG emerged unscathed !

I always say that in England this time was 1980-82. Aston Villa won the league, European Cup and Super Cup & Ipswich Town won the UEFA cup in 1981. Both teams didn't have the pick of the players of the time and were based on teams managed by men (Bobby Robson and Tony Barton, both R.I.P.) who were not scared to put a bit of flair into the game. (Okay, Barton's team was based on what Ron Saunders left).

TBH I couldn't give a f*** about UEFA and their FFPR.

It's obvious they've used City as a whipping Boy.

It's too late you daft c***s.

New TV deals/PL Positions. £80-£90mill
Etihad deal. £40mill.
Nike kit deal £?
Season ticket income £20mill
New/other Sponsorhsip deals?
CL money £? (depending on how far we get next season)
General income. Corporate, matchday, merchandise, catering, events, etc. ?
Players out of contract, reduced payroll, Balotelli transfer fee, etc

In the future.
Sponsorship of the new training complex, etc.
Expanded stadium.
Lesisure destination and Etihad Campus surrounding the stadium.(empty land)

Bye! :-)

jake28 said:
George Hannah said:
City branded as cheats! There's a shock.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/04/manchester-city-financial-fair-play" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... -fair-play</a>?

Infantino is talking absolute shite. Nobody at Uefa has answered any of the numerous questions that would expose how flawed it is.
Infantino told us all how unlucky Bayern were to lose the CL final at the last draw! If you want to know who is pushing UEFA's buttons look no further than them.

Sorry Jake, back on topic. I remember quite clearly that nobody wanted another club to go to the wall due to financial difficulties. I also remember at one stage the 'big clubs' wanting to break away and form their own European League. It's still very much a case of those teams that once were power brokers trying to protect what they built up between 1980 and 2000.

The first F should be dropped, it should be 'Fair Play' regulations, which gives every club within the UEFA organisation an equal right to perform at the highest European Domestic level provided that this is built up using a secure, committed financial footing and that competition stadia, & safety criteria were adhered to.

With these exacting standards our friends from Trafford would not pass the stadium test due to the inherent problems with their playing surface and the red dippers would fail due to the pitch being too short.

The most hideously corrupted organisation in football, their headquarters deserve to burn down with Platini and Infantino stuck in the building, unable to swim their way out of their bribe money. Nothing makes my blood boil more than these blatantly bent rules with one purpose in mind that doesn't include "fair play" in any sense of the word. If they wanted Financial Fair Play they'd make sure every club gets the same cut of TV revenue for a start.

By the way I thought the Etihad deal had already been OK'd, doesn't sound like it's even been looked into yet by all these "CITY ARE CHEATS!" headlines the English media are printing.

FFP has already affected City and our ability to compete for trophies. I've seen a lot of people on here saying "It won't affect us" and "we're pulling the drawbridge up behind us" well, our activity in the last two transfer windows has proven that is absolute bollocks.

We considerably weakened the squad in the summer with our transfer activity. There could have been footballing reasons to replace De Jong and Johnson with Garcia and Sinclair, but no one can tell me with a straight face that they have been improvements. I bet you the wage bill has come down though, especially considering De Jong was up for a contract renewal that would count towards FFP.

Then in January we sold Balotelli, again there could be argued there are other reasons for it, but are you telling me that if there was no FFP that we wouldn't have bought someone in to replace him? Activated the release clause for Cavani or Flacao, paid top wages and competed for the title?

In the same time we have considerably weakened the squad and reduced the wage bill, our main rivals for the title, who are completely unaffected by the FFP rules they helped to introduce, have gone out and bought the best player in the league, who is 30, for 20m, on huge wages. According to Wenger, we never made an offer for him. Is that because Mancini doesn't rate him, or because we are cutting our cloth for FFP? I know which I believe.

Fergurson always says the best time to buy and improve your squad is when you have just won the league. Well, we had the chance to improve in the summer and create a trophy winning dynasty. Instead we weakened the squad while our rivals improved. That wasn't down to a lack of ambition or funds, it was down to FFP.

They couldn't beat us on the pitch, but they have beaten us in the boardroom.

Shaelumstash said:
FFP has already affected City and our ability to compete for trophies. I've seen a lot of people on here saying "It won't affect us" and "we're pulling the drawbridge up behind us" well, our activity in the last two transfer windows has proven that is absolute bollocks.

We considerably weakened the squad in the summer with our transfer activity. There could have been footballing reasons to replace De Jong and Johnson with Garcia and Sinclair, but no one can tell me with a straight face that they have been improvements. I bet you the wage bill has come down though, especially considering De Jong was up for a contract renewal that would count towards FFP.

Then in January we sold Balotelli, again there could be argued there are other reasons for it, but are you telling me that if there was no FFP that we wouldn't have bought someone in to replace him? Activated the release clause for Cavani or Flacao, paid top wages and competed for the title?

In the same time we have considerably weakened the squad and reduced the wage bill, our main rivals for the title, who are completely unaffected by the FFP rules they helped to introduce, have gone out and bought the best player in the league, who is 30, for 20m, on huge wages. According to Wenger, we never made an offer for him. Is that because Mancini doesn't rate him, or because we are cutting our cloth for FFP? I know which I believe.

Fergurson always says the best time to buy and improve your squad is when you have just won the league. Well, we had the chance to improve in the summer and create a trophy winning dynasty. Instead we weakened the squad while our rivals improved. That wasn't down to a lack of ambition or funds, it was down to FFP.

This is a great post and exactly why I asked the question. This is why I want to know exactly who was on that panel - was David Gill there for instance? Someone knows this information, but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere online...?

Van Poncey had it set in his mind that he was always going to go to the swamp. How much chasing around did we do for Berbaflop when it was known that he wanted the same?

Just read the Grauniad report. What a waste of effort doing the calculation now. Their own rules state that the regulations come in next spring. It's completely pontless to do the calculation now and the sponsorship has already been ratified. A complete waste of column inches.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Shaelumstash said:

This is a great post and exactly why I asked the question. This is why I want to know exactly who was on that panel - was David Gill there for instance? Someone knows this information, but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere online...?

Well put it this way. David Gill was on the board of the G-14, which was chaired by the Bayern Munich Chief Exec. He was threatening to create a breakaway G-14 Super League because he argued that the value the G-14 brought to CL was undervalued by UEFA.

Platini met with the G-14 and somehow persuaded them to disband. 12 months later FFP was introduced which protects the G-14 clubs ability to dominate the CL forever, and restricts all other clubs from being able to invest in their team to be able to compete with the traditional big European clubs. Maybe it is an unlikely co-incidence!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.