Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Re: Serious question relating to us and FFP

Just waiting for UEFA to pin match fixing on us now, wouldn't be surprised if some high level UEFA bods wre involved in this!

Not at all.

If you believe the rumours, we where in for RVP. He picked United instead. We still spent close to £50mill in the Summer. Unfortunately on poor buys.(minus Nasty)

Mario's sale had nothing to do with FFPR. I'm sure Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano and Mancini decided to sell Mario due to his lacklustre dispalys and the circus that followed him.

This Summer we will be in a strong position to spend again. Increased TV/PL money, increased season ticket money, the Etihad Money, the Nike Money, and the Mario transfer money, etc. Not to mention a reduced wage bill, etc.

FFPR maybe affecting City, but it's not as bad as some people are making out.

That's just my opinion though.

jrb said:
Not at all.

If you believe the rumours, we where in for RVP. He picked United instead. We still spent close to £50mill in the Summer. Unfortunately on poor buys.(minus Nasty)

Mario's sale had nothing to do with FFPR. I'm sure Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano and Mancini decided to sell Mario due to his lacklustre dispalys and the circus that followed him.

This Summer we will be in a strong position to spend again. Increased TV/PL money, increased season ticket money, the Etihad Money, the Nike Money, and the Mario transfer money, etc. Not to mention a reduced wage bill, etc.

Thanks for saving me the trouble. FFPR affects everyone. Never has worried me. A lot of gloom mongers and Rags about on BM today, just best ignored.

The level of corruption at the top level of football is staggering. The FFP proposals are being driven by a small band of senior figures with self-interest at heart. It is the usual suspects all over again and you can be assured that United, Bayern Munich and Arsenal will be at the heart of it. It is also safe to assume that an anti-arab agenda is part of it. In business terms it is akin to saying that only Tesco is allowed to trade in a town centre. Those smaller stores that need to invest money in the short-term to enable them to compete with the Tescos of this world are not allowed to do so. It can't be right for a small group of football clubs who have a dominant market position (and global revenues) because they have invested money for decades to be allowed to prevent other clubs competing with them. In the case of United their money has been generated by fans in the Far East on the back of their owners borrowing billions from US banks. Why has this story been released by UEFA today? Perhaps it is to distract people from the match-fixing scandal which is about to blow football's dirty dealings wide open.

coleridge said:
jrb said:
Not at all.

Thanks for saving me the trouble. FFPR affects everyone. Never has worried me. A lot of gloom mongers and Rags about on BM today, just best ignored.

Well if there was no such thing as FFP we would not have had to reduce the wage bill, and would have improved the squad in the summer and January. Call me a rag all you want, I'll call you a simpleton if you don't understand that, you simpleton.

Infantino confirmed that the fact that PSG are donating David Beckham's salary to charity meant that it could be discounted from the FFP calculation.
Potential loophole there already. Also, with the PR the club will get, will Platini really consider punishing a club pouring millions into a local children's charity?

Uefa's team of 15 accountants will begin analysing figures next spring...
HRH probably has 15 accountants looking after his kids pocket money. Really can't see this being an issue for us even if we were borderline during the first couple of years.

With regards to the OP, I am sure I heard someone from UEFA say after our takeover that Abramovich was putting pressure on them to bring something like this in, as he didn't want to have compete with any other investors richer than him. Which, if true, proves this is nothing to do with creating a level playing field but ensuring the established elite will lock in their position for years to come.

Anyone who says that FFP was conceived as a conspiracy between UEFA and the big clubs is ignoring the evidence. At its conception Platini made conspicuous references to debt as being the antithesis to financial prudence, rather than a lack of profitability. He would never have made such public utterances had a deal with the established elite already been struck, given how hampered by debt so many of them were, and remain.

What then clearly happened was that sometime after this, either collectively, individually, (or both) words were said, veiled threats were made by the likes of united and Bayern, and FFP morphed into what we see today.

I don't think these changes were to stop City per se, but rather its broader aim was to prevent new money coming into the game to challenge the established order. It is bound to fail imo. Human history teaches us that those with the most money always end up ultimately wielding the most power, no matter how much the prevailing establishment tries to prevent it.

For AC Milan and Ajax read the landed gentry; for City and PSG read Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg. The former might have the nicest furniture, but their influence in the modern world is forever dwindling. Cash is King, especially when it's of the black, liquid variety.

To-day we have read that Europol are convinced that match fixing in Europe is rife, and a French football magazine claims to have proof that Platini, UEFA, ex-President Sarkozy, the Qataris and Frenh businesses met at the Elysee Palace to cook up a corrupt deal to secure the 2018 world cup for the Qataris, the benefits for French business and a big-money takeover of PSG (the team Sarkozy supports), which followed hot on the heals of the vote giving the world cup to Qatar, for which Platini voted. His son now works for PSG and the Qataris sponsor the CL. True? The magazine believes it enough to publish, and it fits like the pieces of a jigsaw.

Now we get warnings to Manchester City that a sponsorship deal, which is NOT a related parties deal, will be rigorously examined, to comply with a set of "rules" which exclude the rights of shareholders to invest in and support financially their clubs/businesses, enshrined in British and European law, while permitting deals with American carmakers, investment banks, and no doubt condom recyclers, as "football related income".

It is typical of the leadership of world football provided by Blatter, Platini and the whole UEFA and FIFA bunch. They MUST be taken to court, exposed for the corrupt charlatans they are and driven from the game if not imprisoned.

Get to fuck Infantino..

I thought the Etihad deal had been passed??

Prestwich blue needs to put a few minds at rest on here.

Has it or has it not been ratified?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Anyone who says that FFP was conceived as a conspiracy between UEFA and the big clubs is ignoring the evidence. At its conception Platini made conspicuous references to debt as being the antithesis to financial prudence, rather than a lack of profitability. He would never have made such public utterances had a deal with the established elite already been struck, given how hampered by debt so many of them were, and remain.

What then clearly happened was that sometime after this, either collectively, individually, (or both) words were said, veiled threats were made by the likes of united and Bayern, and FFP morphed into what we see today.

I don't think these changes were to stop City per se, but rather its broader aim was to prevent new money coming into the game to challenge the established order. It is bound to fail imo. Human history teaches us that those with the most money always end up ultimately wielding the most power, no matter how much the prevailing establishment tries to prevent it.

For AC Milan and Ajax read the landed gentry; for City and PSG read Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg. The former might have the nicest furniture, but their influence in the modern world is forever dwindling. Cash is King, especially when it's of the black, liquid variety.

You seem to be completely contradicting yourself here. Platini's rants in his early stewardship of UEFA regarding debt were prior to the disbanding of the G-14, and prior to the drafting of the FFP regulations.

It was only after the G-14 disbanded, with the "encouragement" of UEFA and Platini, that the new FFP regulations came in. Notably, there is no mention of debt in the new regulations.

On a separate note, I don't ever remember anyone complaining before FFP that the big problem with football is that ambitious non G-14 clubs need to increase their revenue streams as aggressively as possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.