Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Re: Serious question relating to us and FFP

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Anyone who says that FFP was conceived as a conspiracy between UEFA and the big clubs is ignoring the evidence. At its conception Platini made conspicuous references to debt as being the antithesis to financial prudence, rather than a lack of profitability. He would never have made such public utterances had a deal with the established elite already been struck, given how hampered by debt so many of them were, and remain.

What then clearly happened was that sometime after this, either collectively, individually, (or both) words were said, veiled threats were made by the likes of united and Bayern, and FFP morphed into what we see today.

I don't think these changes were to stop City per se, but rather its broader aim was to prevent new money coming into the game to challenge the established order. It is bound to fail imo. Human history teaches us that those with the most money always end up ultimately wielding the most power, no matter how much the prevailing establishment tries to prevent it.

For AC Milan and Ajax read the landed gentry; for City and PSG read Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg. The former might have the nicest furniture, but their influence in the modern world is forever dwindling. Cash is King, especially when it's of the black, liquid variety.

yep-they certainly do not like the "nouveau riche"...

Shaelumstash said:
coleridge said:
jrb said:
Not at all.

If you believe the rumours, we where in for RVP. He picked United instead. We still spent close to £50mill in the Summer. Unfortunately on poor buys.(minus Nasty)

Mario's sale had nothing to do with FFPR. I'm sure Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano and Mancini decided to sell Mario due to his lacklustre dispalys and the circus that followed him.

This Summer we will be in a strong position to spend again. Increased TV/PL money, increased season ticket money, the Etihad Money, the Nike Money, and the Mario transfer money, etc. Not to mention a reduced wage bill, etc.

FFPR maybe affecting City, but it's not as bad as some people are making out.

That's just my opinion though.

Thanks for saving me the trouble. FFPR affects everyone. Never has worried me. A lot of gloom mongers and Rags about on BM today, just best ignored.

Well if there was no such thing as FFP we would not have had to reduce the wage bill, and would have improved the squad in the summer and January. Call me a rag all you want, I'll call you a simpleton if you don't understand that, you simpleton.

One thing that needs correcting is that it was the transfer fee and wages that sealed the RVP deal to the rags, he was more than happy to come to us.

I love the way the articles mention our deal and PSG's in the same breath - cleverly making ours at 400mil sound like it's worse than PSG's whereas there's is 200mil per year as opposed to ours being over 10 years.

Wankers, the lot of them.

I don't think these changes were to stop City per se, but rather its broader aim was to prevent new money coming into the game to challenge the established order. It is bound to fail imo. Human history teaches us that those with the most money always end up ultimately wielding the most power, no matter how much the prevailing establishment tries to prevent it.

For AC Milan and Ajax read the landed gentry; for City and PSG read Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg. The former might have the nicest furniture, but their influence in the modern world is forever dwindling. Cash is King, especially when it's of the black, liquid variety.

Yeah, this.

I view the FFP nonsense within this context of a pushback by the ancien regime. Is it a factor? Sure. But will it smash our beloved City back down into permanent subservience to the filth? Not a chance.

I'll take our oil tankers full of cash v. the filth's mountain of debt - the servicing of which requiring that braying 13-year olds the world over keep buying their shirts ad infinitum. FFP or no FFP. The 13 year-olds tend to move on if you go without a trophy for a few years running.

Also, as an attorney I can damn well tell you that ALL statutory regimens have workarounds and loopholes. I'm not an expert on this area of the law per se, but I cannot for an instant feature the thought of trying to implement an enforceable set of standards to constrain massive enterprises operating on a worldwide basis and under the potential jurisdiction of an almost unlimited number of courts. As I posted somewhere here before - just TRY putting teeth into PSG when PSG drops that lawsuit at the Palais de Justice. Just try going into a court in Dagestan and fighting off Anzhi. And the instant these other European clubs kick a card out of that FFP house it will never stand up across the whole of the continent.

In short, they may be able to slow us down. But they will not TIE us down.

Cash money will find its way. If the filth and the degenerate Ottoman Empire-esque entities of the EPL (red dippers, Arse) think they can prevail over that with FIFA/UEFA/or even the EPL as their water-carriers, I think they will be sorely disappointed in the end.

That's one guy's opinion, of course, but I've never seen a set of rules that I myself couldn't run 15 circles around and through. And I've got 1/1,000th the talent of the people our ownership would have on the case.

Rammy Blue said:
I love the way the articles mention our deal and PSG's in the same breath - cleverly making ours at 400mil sound like it's worse than PSG's whereas there's is 200mil per year as opposed to ours being over 10 years.

Ours is looking, if anything, a bit thin as things stand tbh. If a declining club like Arsenal, who have been trophyless for the better part of a decade, are worth £30 million per season without an equivalent to the Etihad Campus, what price City after the eighteen or so months since the Etihad deal was announced and all that has occurred in that time?

I sincerely hope we've got our best people working on the next re-negotiation....

Maybe we should bring in the people who negotiated the Warrior kit deal on behalf of Liverpool.

Rammy Blue said:

Ours is looking, if anything, a bit thin as things stand tbh. If a declining club like Arsenal, who have been trophyless for the better part of a decade, are worth £30 million per season without an equivalent to the Etihad Campus, what price City after the eighteen or so months since the Ethad deal was announced and all that has occurred in that time?

I hope we've got our best people working on the next re-negotiation....

And as you mention those paragons of virtue, otherwise known as Arsenal, their finances would look far less healthy if it hadn't been for the selling [or selling out] policy that has been adopted over these past few years. City alone have helped them with donations somewhere near £80m, and there have been other expensive sales such as RVP and Fartygas. With ticket prices set at £62 for some games, and fish and chips at over £13 per portion, it is hardly any wonder that they stack up big profits. Whether their supporters are happy to line the owners pockets in exchange for trophyless football is another matter, but hey, so what? It meets FFP and obviously that is all that matters nowadays.

Der Bomber said:

Yeah, this.

I view the FFP nonsense within this context of a pushback by the ancien regime. Is it a factor? Sure. But will it smash our beloved City back down into permanent subservience to the filth? Not a chance.

I'll take our oil tankers full of cash v. the filth's mountain of debt - the servicing of which requiring that braying 13-year olds the world over keep buying their shirts ad infinitum. FFP or no FFP. The 13 year-olds tend to move on if you go without a trophy for a few years running.

Also, as an attorney I can damn well tell you that ALL statutory regimens have workarounds and loopholes. I'm not an expert on this area of the law per se, but I cannot for an instant feature the thought of trying to implement an enforceable set of standards to constrain massive enterprises operating on a worldwide basis and under the potential jurisdiction of an almost unlimited number of courts. As I posted somewhere here before - just TRY putting teeth into PSG when PSG drops that lawsuit at the Palais de Justice. Just try going into a court in Dagestan and fighting off Anzhi. And the instant these other European clubs kick a card out of that FFP house it will never stand up across the whole of the continent.

In short, they may be able to slow us down. But they will not TIE us down.

Cash money will find its way. If the filth and the degenerate Ottoman Empire-esque entities of the EPL (red dippers, Arse) think they can prevail over that with FIFA/UEFA/or even the EPL as their water-carriers, I think they will be sorely disappointed in the end.

That's one guy's opinion, of course, but I've never seen a set of rules that I myself couldn't run 15 circles around and through. And I've got 1/1,000th the talent of the people our ownership would have on the case.

All good points you make, and I actually agree that if PSG, ourselves, or any other club with the finance to take on UEFA aggressively in court then FFP would get ripped up.

I agree, the rules will not TIE us down, but they are already slowing us down, as evidenced by our activity in the last 2 transfer windows. The problem we have is that our owners do not wish to look disrespectful to UEFA, Europe and the wider world. They want to be seen as good partners who play by the rules. That's why we are trying to adhere to FFP as opposed to dragging it through the courts and trying to get it scrapped.

As far as I'm concerned UEFA brought in the rules with the blessing of the G-14 to protect themselves and slow down our development. In that sense, FFP is already in place, it's already slowing us down, it's already doing what it set out to do.

The regulations of potential future CL bans is just a threat to stop us spending big money in the here and now. And it's already working for them, while the established elite clubs continue to spend - Bayern 40m on Martinez, the Shite 20m on Van Persie, we cannot compete for the same players because we are trying to adhere to some bullshit rules that were brought in to protect the teams we are competing against.

City fans being smug saying the new commercial deals next season will mean we'll comply with FFP, we'll never get banned from the CL, are missing the point. The rules were brought it to stop us spending, reduce our chances of winning trophies, and therefore increase the chances of the Shite and others of continuing to buy the best players and win the big trophies. Well, wake up blues, it's already happened.

Gill is the enemy of English football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.