Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Camo Bentley said:
strongbowholic said:
In all fairness, it is fuck all to do with smart business is it? Do you honestly think any chairman or exec at any club gives a flying fuck about any other club than the one they own/are employed by?

I do. I think any responsible executive realizes the value of competition, and the importance of having quality football and star players at every team in the league.

Competition and exciting play drive interest and marketing in the product on the pitch. It gives TV networks an angle to promote the game, which generates revenue. The quality of the league as a whole, and the intensity of the matches played, is more important than any one club. A healthy league will only improve the clubs it contains.

Lastly, most executives don't last forever at any one club. The more solvent, profitable clubs that operate, the better chance they have at continued employment.

article-1252097-085B06FB000005DC-38_468x242.jpg

The FFPR that the League are looking to bring in won't make any difference at all to us.

They are substantially less restrictive than the UEFA regs. Therefore the fact that we will most probably succeed in complying with UEFA, will mean the league rules will be easily complied with.

The clubs who will be most affected will be the likes of Everton, Spurs and even Liverpool. Their commercial revenues won't increase by that much compared to us, the rags, Chelsea and Arsenal.

rickmcfc said:
Skashion said:
I wonder if there's time to frontload stadium expansion costs?

Why would we need to do that? I thought cost to infrastructure such as training grounds, and the stadium etc, could be footed by owners and the figrues wont be included during FFP.
I think you might need one of these, mate.

oyy+my+sarcasm+detector+just+got+somting+_70a47a2b99292f505955c7ff56ddd98c.jpg

scousemanc said:
Great thread. Very informative posts; Ive learnt a lot. And no personal abuse! Is this unique in BM history?
Classy intelligent fans are us blues

Why the worry. This ruling has more effect on others than us.

Worst case scenario we laden the club with a loan just like the rags and say we are following the leagues preferred financial model. So long as we can service a loan then why not. Bizarre yet true !

cookster said:
City should prospose a ticket price cap for supporters, say £20. The media would love it, we can afford it, Manure and the gang of 4 will hate it.

City should press ahead with an intent to install safe-standing areas. I know this will require Parliamentary approval, but the need to sell as many tickets to assist the club's efforts to maximise income is now an issue that has to be addressed. The scousers won't want it and the rags say their ground isn't capable of catering for standing spectators, but tough. If it riles them, that makes it all worth the effort.

just seen pisscan on sky news saying it wont work...with a face like a slapped arse!jelly and ice cream

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.