Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Ancient Citizen said:
oldius said:
The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix takes place on Yas island. The island did not exist before ADUG decided to become part of motor racing so you can rest assured that we will have built a robust strategy to cope with the issues around FFP.

The concern of FFP is that it simply allows the traditional big clubs to maintain their status at the head of the game. Why would any of these clubs want the situation to change? They keep their Champions league money season after season, keep buying the best players and sneer at the rest of football while their employees occupy tables within the governing and disciplinary bodies of the game.

Financial unfair play will continue until such time as the integrity of the governing bodies is assured. As our wonderful owners conduct themselves impeccably, we can be certain that they have the fortitude to push on, regardless of the cartel imposed straight jackets supplied by the FA in conjunction with the supplier of some of their best employees.

Wonderfully put, let's hope you're right.
You oldies need to stick together ;-)

imo this is only going to suit the same cartel of clubs at the top table,rags arse liverpool,bayern real barca,there global fan bases have become huge due to success on the pitch over decades,weve only just began our journey and are now going to get held back.where were these rules 5 6 7 8 9 10 years ago?its going to become an unfair playing field imo.and the clubs like everton spurs etc must be round the twist because the day we had last may wont be seen ever by any of their supporters.how and why qpr voted is another mystery?something doesnt add up.

What really boils my p*ss is that when the Etihad deal was announced the press, Wenger et al were all over it, but PSG announce a massive deal with Quatar tourism and it created little ripples and hardly anything was said about it.

I live and work in Sunderland and the fans cant get thier heads round the premier league ffp rules. They think that it will all go back to playing football the good old way. DELUDED????? I tried to explain to them that it will still be the biggest clubs with the highest turnovers competing at the top and it has killed all dreams that they ever had of seeing world class players gracing the turf at the stadium of light - and they still dont get it.

I think this is the mindset of most other fans of other clubs. They would all love a rich owner like ours but because its someone else they don't like it. All ffp has done has cemented the top 4 forever and the likes of Sunderland have all settled for mid table mediocrity.

On a seperate note though I wish we would stick 2 fingers up to these rules and show them all we ARE the richest club in the world.

I think the problem for the fans of most clubs is that they don't seem to think that Ffp will impact on their clubs because they don't have wealthy owners and that somehow these new regs will be the great equaliser.
I suppose by the time they can see the writing on the wall they will probably all have become rags and won't give a sh*t

too much red tape,its restictive,how long before people call for a more free market ?i give it 5 years tops

Mancini spot on about it today when criticising it, he also talked about the City tax and how if they want FFP rules they should have rules against clubs asking £30million off City for players worth £10million.

It seems it may clip our wings in the short term and whilst City consolidate our rivals can cash in, too pull away from us.

However, if Tolmie is right and I really hope he is, we have things in the pipeline to limit the damage?

I hope some of this includes major sponsors from around the world to stop us being beaten with that stick and stadium expansion.

Any clues Tolmie?

Wardie said:
It seems it may clip our wings in the short term and whilst City consolidate our rivals can cash in, too pull away from us.

However, if Tolmie is right and I really hope he is, we have things in the pipeline to limit the damage?

I hope some of this includes major sponsors from around the world to stop us being beaten with that stick and stadium expansion.

Any clues Tolmie?

Can´t see it clipping our wings in any way whatsoever..

We already got the biggest wage bill of them all, who cares if we can just add a minor percentage to it as our concern is to reduce it anyway.
As for the £105m restriction it´s absolutely pointless as we are on course to comply with the much stricter Uefa FFPR anyway.

S04 said:
Can´t see it clipping our wings in any way whatsoever..

We already got the biggest wage bill of them all, who cares if we can just add a minor percentage to it as our concern is to reduce it anyway.
As for the £105m restriction it´s absolutely pointless as we are on course to comply with the much stricter Uefa FFPR anyway.

If not, that's great.

but, our purchases this summer, were some what down on the quality compared to previous years, do you think that was because of the spat between Mancini and Marwood or because we had one eye on the Uefa FFP?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.