Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

rickmcfc said:
Why would we need to do that? I thought cost to infrastructure such as training grounds, and the stadium etc, could be footed by owners and the figrues wont be included during FFP.
I haven't yet seen any indication that this applies to the new Premier League rules and that development costs would be included in the £105m (over three seasons) limit. I am prepared to be corrected on that though.

The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix takes place on Yas island. The island did not exist before ADUG decided to become part of motor racing so you can rest assured that we will have built a robust strategy to cope with the issues around FFP.

The concern of FFP is that it simply allows the traditional big clubs to maintain their status at the head of the game. Why would any of these clubs want the situation to change? They keep their Champions league money season after season, keep buying the best players and sneer at the rest of football while their employees occupy tables within the governing and disciplinary bodies of the game.

Financial unfair play will continue until such time as the integrity of the governing bodies is assured. As our wonderful owners conduct themselves impeccably, we can be certain that they have the fortitude to push on, regardless of the cartel imposed straight jackets supplied by the FA in conjunction with the supplier of some of their best employees.

I wonder what the TV companies are making of all this? Having splashed out big on a new deal, the last thing they and their viewers will be wanting is football from an inferior league. And it will surely become inferior if star names are forced out, only to ply their trade in Spain, Italy and Germany.

jake28 said:
Im fuming and hope the club is too. Time to do a PSG and announce £150m a year sponsership with x,y or z and a big f#%k you to the rags. Being nicey nice and toeing the party line hasn't worked. We're dealing with the biggest shower of c**nts since football began,time to be a bit more ruthless in our dealings. The amount of shit the club has had thrown at it in the last 4 1/2 years is disgraceful. We have listened to countless digs at us from Uefa right the way down the European football pyramid,without a single comeback from the club. I can understand image is very important in UAE circles but now is the time to act if ever there was one.
It pisses me off how we've played the Mr nice guy role from day one. We've had cunts bending us over for 4 years now and not once have we done anything about it. :@

Skashion said:
rickmcfc said:
Why would we need to do that? I thought cost to infrastructure such as training grounds, and the stadium etc, could be footed by owners and the figrues wont be included during FFP.
I haven't yet seen any indication that this applies to the new Premier League rules and that development costs would be included in the £105m (over three seasons) limit. I am prepared to be corrected on that though.

ITV website football page says this:

"spending on academies, facilities and stadiums can be offset"

but I haven't been able to find this on the Premier League website

I'm no cynic said:
I wonder what the TV companies are making of all this? Having splashed out big on a new deal, the last thing they and their viewers will be wanting is football from an inferior league. And it will surely become inferior if star names are forced out, only to ply their trade in Spain, Italy and Germany.[/

Exactly , United should have been more careful about what they wished for. They must think the increased TV revenue was down to them bringing back scholes and not having a shot on goal for 90 minutes. United need competition but are desperately trying to kill it off. They have pressed the panic button. I think they would rather try to take everyone down with them than let us become dominant.

Any fair play policy which is based around revenue would only be truley fair of it was based on a % of the lowest earning clubs profits - this giving an incentive for the equal distribution of wealth.

And that isn't going to happen now is it.

Skashion said:
rickmcfc said:

I'd be astonished if stadium expansion and academy development costs are not exempt. Remember that 2 of the infamous "Gang of four" - Liverpool and Tottenham - have plans to either increase stadium capacity or build a new ground (as do Chelsea) so I can't see them suggesting those costs be included in the £105 million figure.

Skashion said:
rickmcfc said:

I stand corrected about the sarcasm. Apologies rickmcfc.

oldius said:
The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix takes place on Yas island. The island did not exist before ADUG decided to become part of motor racing so you can rest assured that we will have built a robust strategy to cope with the issues around FFP.

The concern of FFP is that it simply allows the traditional big clubs to maintain their status at the head of the game. Why would any of these clubs want the situation to change? They keep their Champions league money season after season, keep buying the best players and sneer at the rest of football while their employees occupy tables within the governing and disciplinary bodies of the game.

Financial unfair play will continue until such time as the integrity of the governing bodies is assured. As our wonderful owners conduct themselves impeccably, we can be certain that they have the fortitude to push on, regardless of the cartel imposed straight jackets supplied by the FA in conjunction with the supplier of some of their best employees.

Wonderfully put, let's hope you're right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.