Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Re: Serious question relating to us and FFP

All city have to do is forward UEFA and their concerns to Etihad.

MIDDLE East airline Etihad, which operates two daily flights from Manchester and is the major sponsor of Manchester City FC, has hailed a successful 2012, which saw profits soaring and passenger numbers passing 10 million for the first time.

The Abu Dhabi-based carrier said its Manchester-based European customer contact centre - which was opened 12 months ago - had made a good contribution already.

The call centre employs more than 190 staff and has answered almost half a million calls in 18 markets in nine languages since opening, generating more than $20m in revenue.

James Hogan, president and chief executive said: “This has been a game-changing year for Etihad Airways. We have delivered improved net profit, the second consecutive year we have been in the black, a remarkable achievement given the youth, ambitious growth and ongoing investment made by this airline in a challenging global economic environment.

“We have taken great strides in building the industry's first 'equity alliance', with our investments in airberlin, Air Seychelles, Virgin Australia and Aer Lingus, which are contributing significant value to our business."

Earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) rose 24% to $170m. Revenues climbed to $4.8bn from $4.1bn in 2011.

I'm sure they'll explain why the Etihad deal is pivotal to Etihad's continuing success. :-)

Shaelumstash said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Shaelumstash said:
Yeh it wasn't you who called me a rag, it was the other guy. I agree we had 4 strikers at the start of the season, and that we pretty much have 2 players for every position.

However, if there was no such thing as FFP I believe we would have signed Van Persie, and I believe Scott Sinclair wouldn't be at the club, and neither would Javi Garcia. We would have had whoever was Mancini's first choice for those positions, and we would have had them at the start of the summer to allow them time to bed in.

Instead, we bought our 3rd and 4th choice back up players on the last day of the window because Marwood believed that would give us the best chance of getting the best deal financially to comply with FFP. And we are now left with 3 strikers for the rest of the season, and allowed De Jong to leave to be replaced by a far inferior player on far lower wages.

There is no doubt in my mind that without the impending threat of FFP, none of these things would have happened and we'd be in a far better position today if the regulations had never been brought in.
Putting Van Persie to one side Mancini's other widely reported main targets were Hazard and De Rossi. The former went for the bright lights of London, the latter wanted to stay at his boyhood club. Neither opted to come to City for differing reasons.

If money was the only factor then Messi and Ronaldo would both be playing for us. Life is much more complex than that, which based on your post you seem to fail to appreciate.

Just to clarify, none of my posts on this thread were intended as a comment on "life" but rather as comments on City's activity in the transfer market. Happy to clear that up for you.

There is no question that FFP has affected City's activity in the transfer market in the last 2 windows. Anyone who thinks it hasn't is being naive. Not sure why that makes me a rag, but that's the 'go to' comment for the Little Dickies on Bluemoon when they disagree with a point, so crack on.
To understand how the football world operates it helps to have a grasp of how life and human nature operate. The fact that you seek to divorce these factors from each other explains your failure to look beyond mere financial considerations.

You are the naive one if you believe that guaranteeing players joining our club is concomitant with us merely offering the most money. Whilst money is a factor there are many other competing considerations when a player decides where to play: the league; the climate; the schools; first team opportunities; stadium; crowds and dare I say it, 'istree.

I haven't suggested you're a rag, and I'm not shy in that regard if I feel it's warranted. I'm not even sure anyone else has directly accused you of that either. You seem to be overly sensitive about this subject tbh. I'm sure your City credentials, just like your 'Dicky', are absolutely massive.

Shaelumstash said:
Putting Van Persie to one side Mancini's other widely reported main targets were Hazard and De Rossi. The former went for the bright lights of London, the latter wanted to stay at his boyhood club. Neither opted to come to City for differing reasons.

If money was the only factor then Messi and Ronaldo would both be playing for us. Life is much more complex than that, which based on your post you seem to fail to appreciate.

Just to clarify, none of my posts on this thread were intended as a comment on "life" but rather as comments on City's activity in the transfer market. Happy to clear that up for you.

There is no question that FFP has affected City's activity in the transfer market in the last 2 windows. Anyone who thinks it hasn't is being naive. Not sure why that makes me a rag, but that's the 'go to' comment for the Little Dickies on Bluemoon when they disagree with a point, so crack on.
To understand how the football world operates it helps to have a grasp of how life and human nature operate. The fact that you seek to divorce these factors from each other explains your failure to look beyond mere financial considerations.

You are the naive one if you believe that guaranteeing players joining our club is concomitant with us merely offering the most money. Whilst money is a factor there are many other competing considerations when a player decides where to play: the league; the climate; the schools; first team opportunities; stadium; crowds and dare I say it, 'istree.

I haven't suggested you're a rag, and I'm not shy in that regard if I feel it's warranted. I'm not even sure anyone else has directly accused you of that either. You seem to be overly sensitive about this subject tbh. I'm sure your City credentials, just like your 'Dicky', are absolutely massive.

Ooh, I love it when you talk dirty.

What does this beauty mean?

Rammy Blue said:
Shaelumstash said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.co.uk/</a>

Rammy Blue said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.co.uk/</a>

It means google?

Rammy Blue said:
I'm sure your City credentials, just like your 'Dicky', are absolutely massive.

Just stay young and innocent and don't ask too many questions, Rammy Blue. ;)

sir baconface said:
Rammy Blue said:
I'm sure your City credentials, just like your 'Dicky', are absolutely massive.

Just stay young and innocent and don't ask too many questions, Rammy Blue. ;)

lol.

Perhaps this is wishful thinking on my part but I believe FFP has been good for us already and will be so in the future. The original plan of our owners was to build the club up to be a top four team initially but the threat of FFP meant the accelerated spending that delivered the cup and the title so quickly.

In the longer term, it is clearly better for us to be a profitable club that has a hopefully expanded stadium, the unrivaled new training complex and be regularly winning trophies as soon as possible as that makes us bomb proof in case things change in the Gulf (it could happen). The new regulations, even though they are a complete load of bollocks, will force our owners to do this even if it requires some creative accounting. It may be a bit of a nuisance in the short term but nothing more.

I would love to see us as a club tell UEFA to fuck off. Tell them we dont need the CL and just play in our league and our cups. If we took the lead other clubs may follow like PSG, the big Spanish two, Inter etc

Imagine a CL without the champions of England, France,Italy and Spain. It would be a farce and devalued beyond ridiculousness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.