Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Re: Serious question relating to us and FFP

I don't know what everyone is flapping about. When our sponsorship deal with the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority is announced we're going to be laughing.

F*K U Uefa!

Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
UEFA's rules define what is and isn't a related party.
Those rules are, word-for-word, what the international accounting community also use. And Etihad are not a related party. This is simply political posturing by UEFA and the club understand they have to play their part in it. It's all a bit of a pantomime.

Infantino was philosophical. He said: “We were always worried – and I say this with a smile – with clubs that were telling us, ‘We will sue you if you dare take sanctions against us for Financial Fair Play regulations’.

Now we have the other clubs who will sue us if we don’t take sanctions against those who have breached the rules.” <a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9848310/Uefa-warn-Manchester-City-they-face-Champions-League-expulsion-if-they-fail-to-meet-Fair-Play-credentials.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... tials.html</a>

So the likes of United, Arsenal, Bayern, etc will sue UEFA if they don't impose sanctions on clubs.

Get to f***! It get's more farcical everytime UEFA speak.

jrb said:
Now we have the other clubs who will sue us if we don’t take sanctions against those who have breached the rules.”

Is that even possible? Isn't that like me suing McDonald's for the hot chocolate that DIDN'T scald me?

UEFA have just published their benchmarks for UEFA Fairplay and the press are trotting out their City scare stories, but there's nothing new at all.

The headlines on some of tomorrows back pages are that UEFA warn City. This is just hype. UEFA just produced benchmarking to FFP report which tests likely compliance with new regs. Nothing new, and no public questions raised of any specific clubs by UEFA.

Ignore. Not newsworthy

Instead of wasting time om FFP - they should really investigate this match fixing scandal. How many dodgy decisions in the past few Premier league seasons have been influenced by the criminals in Singapore?

UEFA and the EU have got FFP all stitched up between them with the EU fully agreeing with UEFA's FFP framework. Any appeal to EU courts will be thrown out imo.

vHULiCl.png

TAYYOlD.png

unexpected item said:
UEFA and the EU have got FFP all stitched up between them with the EU fully agreeing with UEFA's FFP framework. Any appeal to EU courts will be thrown out imo.

vHULiCl.png

TAYYOlD.png
The EU Courts (as oppose to the Commission) are more bothered with the overarching principles of the EU - free movement of goods, people, labour and capital and any subservient legislation which supports that, than anything UEFA can devise.

Like with the Bosman ruling the wishes and needs of UEFA (and City for that matter) will be secondary to those considerations imo.

I'm not a legal expert, but I can see a legal challange at somepoint.

In conclusion, it is sensible for UEFA to agree rules on solvency for European football clubs. But UEFA needs to tread carefully. In particular, it is important to distinguish between balance sheet and cash-flow solvency. The exclusion of non-football income may be unsustainable and subject to legal challenge. Overzealous application of the Fair Play rules generates a significant risk that the dominance of the strong clubs will be enhanced, while the financial instability of lower-division teams in national associations is not addressed. Finally, UEFA may face a challenge under EU competition law if competition in player markets is reduced. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.voxeu.org/article/own-goal-uefa-s-financial-fair-play-initiative-misguided" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.voxeu.org/article/own-goal-u ... -misguided</a>

jrb said:
I'm not a legal expert, but I can see a legal challange at somepoint.

In conclusion, it is sensible for UEFA to agree rules on solvency for European football clubs. But UEFA needs to tread carefully. In particular, it is important to distinguish between balance sheet and cash-flow solvency. The exclusion of non-football income may be unsustainable and subject to legal challenge. Overzealous application of the Fair Play rules generates a significant risk that the dominance of the strong clubs will be enhanced, while the financial instability of lower-division teams in national associations is not addressed. Finally, UEFA may face a challenge under EU competition law if competition in player markets is reduced. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.voxeu.org/article/own-goal-uefa-s-financial-fair-play-initiative-misguided" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.voxeu.org/article/own-goal-u ... -misguided</a>

As per my above post. There will be many unintended consequences that flow from this, irrespective of what The Commission may want and hope in that letter. Did Jean-Marc Bosman envisage where his little case would end up and what impact it would have on the game? Of course not.

StMark's said:
Infantino confirmed that the fact that PSG are donating David Beckham's salary to charity meant that it could be discounted from the FFP calculation.
Potential loophole there already. Also, with the PR the club will get, will Platini really consider punishing a club pouring millions into a local children's charity?

Uefa's team of 15 accountants will begin analysing figures next spring...
HRH probably has 15 accountants looking after his kids pocket money. Really can't see this being an issue for us even if we were borderline during the first couple of years.

With regards to the OP, I am sure I heard someone from UEFA say after our takeover that Abramovich was putting pressure on them to bring something like this in, as he didn't want to have compete with any other investors richer than him. Which, if true, proves this is nothing to do with creating a level playing field but ensuring the established elite will lock in their position for years to come.

This amazingly is right yet seems to be forgotten. Platini himself said that Abramovich came to him and said something needs to be done. It was there from the offset that this was only ever about elite self preservation and hypocrisy. To quote Platini "He (Roman) is a good man and a football man and he said that we need to do something about this"!!!

WTF!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.