Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Re: Serious question relating to us and FFP

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Shaelumstash said:
Putting Van Persie to one side Mancini's other widely reported main targets were Hazard and De Rossi. The former went for the bright lights of London, the latter wanted to stay at his boyhood club. Neither opted to come to City for differing reasons.

If money was the only factor then Messi and Ronaldo would both be playing for us. Life is much more complex than that, which based on your post you seem to fail to appreciate.

Just to clarify, none of my posts on this thread were intended as a comment on "life" but rather as comments on City's activity in the transfer market. Happy to clear that up for you.

There is no question that FFP has affected City's activity in the transfer market in the last 2 windows. Anyone who thinks it hasn't is being naive. Not sure why that makes me a rag, but that's the 'go to' comment for the Little Dickies on Bluemoon when they disagree with a point, so crack on.
To understand how the football world operates it helps to have a grasp of how life and human nature operate. The fact that you seek to divorce these factors from each other explains your failure to look beyond mere financial considerations.

You are the naive one if you believe that guaranteeing players joining our club is concomitant with us merely offering the most money. Whilst money is a factor there are many other competing considerations when a player decides where to play: the league; the climate; the schools; first team opportunities; stadium; crowds and dare I say it, 'istree.

I haven't suggested you're a rag, and I'm not shy in that regard if I feel it's warranted. I'm not even sure anyone else has directly accused you of that either. You seem to be overly sensitive about this subject tbh. I'm sure your City credentials, just like your 'Dicky', are absolutely massive.

You seem to be suggesting I am some kind of sociopath with no understanding of the world outside of the Bluemoon football forum. Thanks for trying to educate me on that, but I assure you I have wide and colourful knowledge on a variety of subjects away from Bluemoon, such as human behaviour, music, politics, art, geography and crisps being just a few of them.

I have never suggested that money is the only factor that influences where players choose to play. What I have suggested is that the impending FFP regulations has already had an impact on City's activity in the transfer market. If you would like to discuss that point I'll happily continue the discussion, but giving me a list of the things that affect human behaviour is a waste of both of our time, and is veering us off topic.

bluscuba said:
Is there anything in FFP that prevents a player having an individual sponsorship deal with a related party? For example an Abu Dhabi company may choose to sponsor falcao or cavani 10 million per year on a season by season basis ( with the wages being paid by City consequently being much lower). Its obviously illegal to restrict an individual's earnings so I can't see how this would not work. It's not in the 'spirit' of FFP but then again the rules are made to protect the elite so why would newcomers care.

A player can sign sponsorship deals with whoever they like, if UEFA tried to tie these earnings with a football club it would be impossible to enforce and the players would not stand for it anyway. Players aren't required to divulge earnings to anyone other than HMRC.

I'm wondering if there is anything against signing Cavani on £5k per week. Obviously he won't come for that, but suppose that was CITY's offer, and Sheikh Mansour happened to give Cavani a personal donation of £245k per week paid into an account the Cayman Islands or similar tax exile. And suppose Sheikh Mansour was to offer a millionaire's pad in Cheshire at a peppercorn rent, and throw in a top of the range limo, as a gift. These would be private arrangements outside of City and would be impossible to link to the club. It would be difficult for UEFA to follow. If there is one thing the British Government is highly skilled at, it's recovering tax, but when the money is held offshore, there's nothing they can do except guess at how much there is and where it might be. If the British Government cannot trace this money, then I can't expect a footballing organisation, UEFA, have any jurisdiction over the private arrangements of two non-European citizens.

Shaelumstash said:
Shaelumstash said:
Just to clarify, none of my posts on this thread were intended as a comment on "life" but rather as comments on City's activity in the transfer market. Happy to clear that up for you.

There is no question that FFP has affected City's activity in the transfer market in the last 2 windows. Anyone who thinks it hasn't is being naive. Not sure why that makes me a rag, but that's the 'go to' comment for the Little Dickies on Bluemoon when they disagree with a point, so crack on.
To understand how the football world operates it helps to have a grasp of how life and human nature operate. The fact that you seek to divorce these factors from each other explains your failure to look beyond mere financial considerations.

You are the naive one if you believe that guaranteeing players joining our club is concomitant with us merely offering the most money. Whilst money is a factor there are many other competing considerations when a player decides where to play: the league; the climate; the schools; first team opportunities; stadium; crowds and dare I say it, 'istree.

I haven't suggested you're a rag, and I'm not shy in that regard if I feel it's warranted. I'm not even sure anyone else has directly accused you of that either. You seem to be overly sensitive about this subject tbh. I'm sure your City credentials, just like your 'Dicky', are absolutely massive.

You seem to be suggesting I am some kind of sociopath with no understanding of the world outside of the Bluemoon football forum. Thanks for trying to educate me on that, but I assure you I have wide and colourful knowledge on a variety of subjects away from Bluemoon, such as human behaviour, music, politics, art, geography and crisps being just a few of them.

Naive little dickies? Some well-honed debating skills on show there.

I only hope you weren't privately educated as I don't believe refunds are possible.

sir baconface said:
Shaelumstash said:

Naive little dickies? Some well-honed debating skills on show there.

I only hope you weren't privately educated as I don't believe refunds are possible.

The "Little Dickies" I refer to are fans like you who get all misty eyed at the memories of little "die for the shirt" Dicky charging around after 3rd division centre halves with his hair slicked back. The same fans who call anyone who disagree's with the populist view as "rags".

Thinking out loud.

Maybe UEFA should look at United's sponsorship deal with GM Motors/Chevrolet and ask Gill why Joel Ewanick was sacked and the sponsorship deal was renegotiated. Of course UEFA won't do that. Why would they when Gill is is destined to get a seat on Uefa’s executive committee.(no wonder Gill is part of and pushing FFPR) Exactly.

Let's not mention the Cayman Islands either. Or the outstanding £350mill of debt. Or the £5-600mill paid out in interest so far. Or the millions that have been stolen from United by the Glazers. Etc.

Just one more thing. Perhaps having over 30 official sponsors needs to be looked at by UEFA. I'm sure City could get that many if they were that desperate to finance any similar loan repayments, etc. ;-)

Shaelumstash said:
The "Little Dickies" I refer to are fans like you who get all misty eyed at the memories of little "die for the shirt" Dicky charging around after 3rd division centre halves with his hair slicked back. The same fans who call anyone who disagree's with the populist view as "rags".

I don't think I like you enough to call you a rag.

moomba said:
UEFA's rules define what is and isn't a related party.
Those rules are, word-for-word, what the international accounting community also use. And Etihad are not a related party. This is simply political posturing by UEFA and the club understand they have to play their part in it. It's all a bit of a pantomime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.