Seriously though, who had honestly ever heard of Akanji?

Nope, can't say I had. But I like what I've seen of him, and what I've read about him. And 41 appearances for the Swiss national side would suggest he's not a total donkey*

*Yes; I'm aware that Maguire has slightly more caps, which doesn't help my assertion of Akanji not being a donkey due to his haul of caps.

We've bought some wonderful centre-backs in recent times; Laporte, Dias, Aké all excellent. Hopefully Akanji keeps the record going.

I think he's been keeping it very safe and simple since he's been here and not trying anything extravagant. Pretty much what you want in a defender for us in our system.
Pep demands the opposite. Only play the safe ball if there is no way to pass through the lines.

He’s been very good at making that decision in his 3 games so far,

I think he's been keeping it very safe and simple since he's been here and not trying anything extravagant. Pretty much what you want in a defender for us in our system.No I
No I had never heard of him but from what I have seen upto now he looks very promising. I like the way he threads passes through congested presses.

I had and had seen him play for BVB, didn't expect him to play as well as he has so far though, hopefully he keeps it up.
Same here. He was made the scapegoat at Dortmund for a lot of their defeats

That said, the Dortmund midfield for the last couple of seasons have provided no defensive cover for the back four - any defender is going to get exposed regularly playing for them.

Our system suits his abilities. Another great bit of business by Pep.

Same here. He was made the scapegoat at Dortmund for a lot of their defeats

That said, the Dortmund midfield for the last couple of seasons have provided no defensive cover for the back four - any defender is going to get exposed regularly playing for them.

Our system suits his abilities. Another great bit of business by Pep.
*Txiki

He has played a lot of internationals along side Schar who is quality but slow, so he had to cover, everybody must have seen that? he would not have been my first choice as the lad at Wolfsburg or the lad at Arsenal have more potential, but good players do not necessarily make good team players. Fabulous bargain though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.