Seriously though, who had honestly ever heard of Akanji?

I have seen quite a bit of him and he is prone to errors or at least concentration lapses. Thankfully we've not seen any of that so far, but I do think it's still in him. He was 4th choice at Dortmund for a reason.

Judge a player after a season rather than a few games.

I have seen quite a bit of him and he is prone to errors or at least concentration lapses. Thankfully we've not seen any of that so far, but I do think it's still in him. He was 4th choice at Dortmund for a reason.

Yep and he’s my 4th choice in our squad too.

People get carried away after a couple of good performances.

But he wasn’t 4th choice up until this season at all though, was he?

He was the Dortmund defender with the most appearances last season.

He then refused to sign the contract extension Dortmund offered him (clearly they wanted to keep him!) and with just a year left on his deal was rightly replaced this summer as they knew he’d be off before long.

He became fourth choice this summer - having never been so before - for a reason, which isn’t quite as you make out.

Outside of that, you’re spot on. The time to judge isn’t now, after just 3 games. He’s started well before, and has lost concentration/focus - which he needs to convince isn’t going to happen again before we can assess whether he’s a success or not.

Good start though - that much isn’t in doubt!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.