Setting ourselves up differently (merged)

Re: Setting ourselves up differently

Blueband Brother said:
CONCERNING ADAM JOHNSON.
I have mentioned earlier in a previous post that we are suffereing because of our unwise dealings in the transfer window.

Adam Johnson is a player that was and i dare say sis still underrated and disrespected by mancini, the media and some of us fans

He decided that he needed to leave to play regular football- this is unfortunate because he could not see the bigger picture ( playing for a team with real prospects, made 100+ apps for mancity over the two year tenure and with the manager rotation policy, i believe adam johnson would have been an integral player, a game changer that could have made a difference in tight games and perhaps might have eventually siezed a starting berth for himself. All he needed was a wee bit of patience and perseverance.

I really think he made a bad career decison and mancity and mancini, unwisely i might add,did not make any sound effort to keep him.

In conclusion, i can say to complete confidence that we WOULD HAVE BEEN TOP OF THE LEAGUE AT THE MOMENT IF WE DID NOT SELL ADAM JOHNSON (and also de jong for his spirit and leadership and i think the team have lost some of that with de jong gone.)

I am a big fan of adam johnson - he is the best winger in the prem and it is sad (for him) and for us that he is no longer in our club

Happy Holidays
Please please tell me this is a joke, he is so average its untrue, have you not watched him for Sunderland this season? Read threads about him on the sunderland message board. 'Top of the league if we didnt sell Johnson' pmsl

city91 said:
------------------ Hart --------------------
--------- Kolo --- Komps --- Nasty --------
Maicon ------------------------------ Clichy
-------------- Milner ---- Barry ------------
--------------------- Silva -----------------
--------------- Tevez ----- Balotelli --------

This way Silva gets a free role, it allows tevez to roam and Balo lead the line. Also Milner and Barry can offer protection to the back four.

When is Richards back? People seem to have forgot about him, we are definitely missing him in an attacking sense when he goes forward playing full back and if we were going with a back 3 I think Micah, Komps and Nasty would be superb.

Stood in The South Stand said:
city91 said:
------------------ Hart --------------------
--------- Kolo --- Komps --- Nasty --------
Maicon ------------------------------ Clichy
-------------- Milner ---- Barry ------------
--------------------- Silva -----------------
--------------- Tevez ----- Balotelli --------

This way Silva gets a free role, it allows tevez to roam and Balo lead the line. Also Milner and Barry can offer protection to the back four.

When is Richards back? People seem to have forgot about him, we are definitely missing him in an attacking sense when he goes forward playing full back and if we were going with a back 3 I think Micah, Komps and Nasty would be superb.

Approximate return date is the 11th February. Can't wait till he gets back.

It's just not in Mancini's nature to set up differently. We are not winning games precisely because we are still playing the same way as last year - predictable and two dimentional , trying to pass our way through packed defences who know exactly what is coming. It pains me to praise any of the scum- but Carrick's passing over defences getting them turrned and going backwards is incredibly simple and effective. I can only assume that Bob wanted De Rossi or Javi Martinez to play a similar role but as we all know we got neither so we are stuck with what we have until Jan. at the earliest - if nothing happens then I think it may be a bad sign for our title hopes and Bob's future

We just need one convincing win and we will be back on track..

The scum are going to enter a spell where they drop points and we have to make sure we take advantage of it..

Anyone who thinks Adam Johnson is a good player hasn't watched him enough.

He looks good on match of the day where it shows the 10 seconds he was involved in the game but misses out the rest of the game where he was a spectator.

Width and pace, that's what we need

Silva, Tevez and Aguero need room to play, teams put 10 men behind the ball and then hit us on the break. We get more frustrated and end up leaving just one man back, thats when we are most vulnerable. What we need is width and to recapture the pace we had early last season, we don't break out at all, ever. We knock the ball around at the back and then pass 10 times before we even get to the half way line. We need to play with a much higher tempo, break fast and in numbers and have some width play to open room up for Silva to do his magic. Sounds easy, but we did it last season, we now need the players to do it this season.

Re: Width and pace, that's what we need

knuckles said:
Silva, Tevez and Aguero need room to play, teams put 10 men behind the ball and then hit us on the break. We get more frustrated and end up leaving just one man back, thats when we are most vulnerable. What we need is width and to recapture the pace we had early last season, we don't break out at all, ever. We knock the ball around at the back and then pass 10 times before we even get to the half way line. We need to play with a much higher tempo, break fast and in numbers and have some width play to open room up for Silva to do his magic. Sounds easy, but we did it last season, we now need the players to do it this season.
only difference from last year wasnt the playing style it was being more clincal exept maybe first 10 games,we had same problem with buses last year

Re: Width and pace, that's what we need

Clinical yes, but last year Aguero had more time and didn't always have to run through 3 or 4 players to get into the box, with some width we would open up some room, we need someone who will get to the byline and cross the ball back with pace, I love zabba, but his crosses are normally from the corner of the 18 yard box and are floated in, easy pickings for defenders

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.