Settle an argument...

wireblue said:
This thread is torture. Please let me clarify - this is absolutely the unequivocally correct answer. He was onside. He was behind the ball when it was passed to him so he is onside no matter what. The other team could be cartwheeling across the half way line it doesnt matter. Whether the ball was played forwards, backwards, sideways or whatever it makes no difference whatsoever. He was behind the ball when it was passed so he was onside. End of story. Please lock this thread

Could the cartwheeling of the other team not be considered dangerous play, or possibly ungentlemanly conduct?

Yellow cards perhaps?

Hmmmm

wireblue said:
This thread is torture. Please let me clarify - this is absolutely the unequivocally correct answer. He was onside. He was behind the ball when it was passed to him so he is onside no matter what. The other team could be cartwheeling across the half way line it doesnt matter. Whether the ball was played forwards, backwards, sideways or whatever it makes no difference whatsoever. He was behind the ball when it was passed so he was onside. End of story. Please lock this thread

I've just spoken to a mate who's a qualified ref and he said the same. It doesn't matter whether the ball is played forward, backward or sideways, as long as he's behind the ball, he's onside.

fbloke said:
mkeeney said:
u dumb fucks, it dont make no difference whether the ball was played forwards backwards sidewards upwards dowbnwards u tools, its all about where the receiving player is at the time the ball is played, if there is two opposing players nearer than him to the goal then its not offside.

fucking hell even u so called footy fans wanna turn it into egg throwing

jesus christs what is our society coming too

Wow, so I suppose a ball pulled back from the dead ball line to a player on the penalty spot with no defenders between either player and the goal line means its offside does it?

no thats onside as the ball is played backwards i was on a bit of a rant yesterday thats all

kiam06 said:
fbloke said:
Wow, so I suppose a ball pulled back from the dead ball line to a player on the penalty spot with no defenders between either player and the goal line means its offside does it?

Well done fbloke, Mkeeny is talking rubbish.

apart from the [hase bollocks these days, how i described the offside rule was spot on, execpt the part in my story that fbloke found which was if the ball goes backwards but thats common sense surely, also the fact if the player is behind the ball then offside rule doesnt even come into it

How many times have you seen the ball passed over the defenders a forward runs through to become the most advanced player, was clearly onside when he received the ball, he then runs towards goal and passes the ball to his team mate who is BEHIND the ball when it is passed? The key here is behind the ball it doesn't matter where defenders are nor in which direction the ball is passed.

Onside without doubt, the ref was wrong

Seeing as though the world cup draw thread managed to get some pics of attractive women in it, why not this thread.

As far as I'm concerned the referee is in sole charge and makes mistakes from time to time. It's a lot easier to take if the referee looks like this...

stock-photo-portrait-of-a-female-soccer-referee-showing-a-red-card-focus-on-card-25760215.jpg

When I saw the Stevie goal today, this thread was the first thing I thought of...Should have been disallowed, hey? =)

Just to go off topic , can someone explain why Gerrard wasn't shown a yellow card when in the first few minutes of the game he committed deliberate handball when trying to stop the ball going out of play ? I was under the impression that deliberate handball was a bookable offence ? Did he not get booked because he's Steven Gerrard ? The ref gave a free kick , so it was handball .

Stuart said:
Just to go off topic , can someone explain why Gerrard wasn't shown a yellow card when in the first few minutes of the game he committed deliberate handball when trying to stop the ball going out of play ? I was under the impression that deliberate handball was a bookable offence ? Did he not get booked because he's Steven Gerrard ? The ref gave a free kick , so it was handball .

Was he in a more advanced position than the last defender, and did the ball go forward or backwards from his hand?

These things have to be taken into account!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.