Sevilla away sold out!

Yeah see what you mean, I thought Sevilla would sell out Friday afternoon, it was always going to sell out at high points. No corporate would turn down an United ticket, likewise sell out high. Wait till Bournemouth away go on sale, that'll be interesting !

Depends what you call high points, I have over 17000 and I am over 1000 behind people I travel with.

You mean City wouldn't like to upset their biggest supporters club, is that what you're hinting?

To be honest I don't really have a problem with them. I have a problem with the amount of supporters clubs in one defined area at least the Bredbury branch cater for most of Stockport.

When the sole reason so many pay the premium for Platinum & join the cup schemes is to accrue more loyalty points to ensure they maintain their position to get tickets for the popular matches - I think it is reasonable that if the chances are lessened because the club have increased those for the corporates and consequently reduced those for general sale, this should be made clear.
If this is a definite change of strategy by the club, they are misleading those fans to spend money needlessly - nobody chooses to spend an extra £50 if there is no point.
I am lucky enough to have just qualified for both OT and Seville but it feels that last year I would have qualified easily and this year I've just squeezed in. Next year, who knows!!

But even some who get tickets for every game are saying they didn't for one or both of these games. We got just under 3,000 tickets for the derby and no more than 1,400 of those (if that) will be on general sale to fans with points. And, as you said, if they extend the North Stand that will get worse as they'll "corporatise" the other side of the East & Colin Bell stands and possibly provide more corporate seating in the new North Stand itself. Plus they'll bring in more official partners', who will all get tickets. In a few years time it's possible that there could be as few as 500 tickets on sale to independent fans for a game at Old Trafford.

I posted the other day that the last time I didn't qualify for a ticket for an away match that I wanted to go to was Bolton in April 2003 yet bizarrely got a ticket for the Swamp Derby 2 months earlier and Liverpool (the Anelka 2-1 win) a month later. I think there was a slightly smaller allocation for Bolton but even so, I was astonished I didn't get one and someone told me at the time that a huge chunk of the allocation had gone to corporate for some reason. Since then I've often checked out of interest what points away games I've not attended have sold out at and the only one I can think of from memory that I wouldn't have qualified for was Groclin away in 2003-04. This past week I've got tickets for Rags and Seville away but looking at what they sold out at, this is probably the closest I've been to not qualifying since that Groclin game - the Seville game in particular was a close call.

I used to be critical of the way the Rags do it and I know some United fans used to champion the City way with the whole loyalty points thing but now I think theirs, while not without faults, is perhaps better insofar that there is at least transparency as to what quantity of tickets are going where plus not as big a percentage are being siphoned off by corporates.

I am lucky enough to have just qualified for both OT and Seville but it feels that last year I would have qualified easily and this year I've just squeezed in. Next year, who knows!!
That is exactly the case, in the last two years the selling out threshold has risen more quickly than the points that have been awarded

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.