Sevilla away sold out!

Not really, as the I'm alright Jack's ' got tickets for Sevilla and United away.
But even some who get tickets for every game are saying they didn't for one or both of these games. We got just under 3,000 tickets for the derby and no more than 1,400 of those (if that) will be on general sale to fans with points. And, as you said, if they extend the North Stand that will get worse as they'll "corporatise" the other side of the East & Colin Bell stands and possibly provide more corporate seating in the new North Stand itself. Plus they'll bring in more official partners', who will all get tickets. In a few years time it's possible that there could be as few as 500 tickets on sale to independent fans for a game at Old Trafford.

I've already joined the Bournemouth OSC, Lancashire branch
Even booking train tickets early , the train fare will still be expensive and most won't even be guaranteed a match ticket. So if you leave train fare until you've got your match ticket, the train ticket is going to be proper expensive!

Or just go by car and be stuck in traffic jams all weekend.

Think I'll watch it on the tv.

Everybody knows the main away fixtures and hardest to get tickets for are Rags, Liverpool and Chelsea. Still leaves 16 other away days to enjoy. Not sure why everyone gets so stressed about it all. I will be once again at the swamp this year and it is and has always been a total shit hole. Liverpool is a shithole if you get shafted with a shit seat you cant see.

What seems to be evident from this thread is that people have spent good money on transport and hotels but wont be getting a ticket for the game. Well that is not the clubs fault is it. Was always going to be hard to get tickets for this one. Cheap flight and hotel options always cause this.

Surprisingly nobody else has mentioned that the allocation for this game allowed parents with enough points to take a child with a season card that didn't have enough points. So the kids aren't off school but City are offering tickets to a qualifying parent so he can take his child. Now I wonder how many adults will be getting in on those tickets.

Everybody knows the main away fixtures and hardest to get tickets for are Rags, Liverpool and Chelsea. Still leaves 16 other away days to enjoy. Not sure why everyone gets so stressed about it all. I will be once again at the swamp this year and it is and has always been a total shit hole. Liverpool is a shithole if you get shafted with a shit seat you cant see.

What seems to be evident from this thread is that people have spent good money on transport and hotels but wont be getting a ticket for the game. Well that is not the clubs fault is it. Was always going to be hard to get tickets for this one. Cheap flight and hotel options always cause this.

Surprisingly nobody else has mentioned that the allocation for this game allowed parents with enough points to take a child with a season card that didn't have enough points. So the kids aren't off school but City are offering tickets to a qualifying parent so he can take his child. Now I wonder how many adults will be getting in on those tickets.

so after saying it's not the clubs fault....read your last paragraph...it certainly is the clubs fault...

So the complaining has moved from us fans with mid-points who the 'I'm alright Jack' loyalty points holders told to go to rainy aways in mid winter to catch up so we could get to the swamp in years to come, which patently was never going to happen.

Hurts doesn't it realising the boat has sailed and you're not on it.

I'm genuinely sorry for people missing out but as we were told 'That's progress'.

This post isn't aimed at ANY particular poster and isn't going to be popular.......

This post won't help anything - the fans need to stick together on this subject otherwise it's going to create a dog eat dog culture that we're meandering towards now.

The ticket shambles is the clubs fault. I think everyone can accept that demand has increased, but we need clarity why so many people (on high points) are missing out, especially to corporate 'fans' who can spend more than them. These loopholes can only be closed by the club, the system can only be made fairer by the club, the 'general admission' can only be increased by the club etc just bare that in mind when posting.

We're going to have big problems if City fans start turning on each other, that won't resolve this problem. Everyone who is concerned should contact our SLO Lisa Eaton (lisa.eaton@mcfc.co.uk) and have a whinge to put some pressure on the club. The other person is Danny Wilson as he's in charge of service and sales. Don't argue with other fans who want the same thing as you!

This isn't aimed just at you Blue B4 the Moon. There are just a lot of people looking to point the finger in the wrong direction!

so after saying it's not the clubs fault....read your last paragraph...it certainly is the clubs fault...

No it is not the clubs fault that people have booked transport and hotels in the faint hope that they would get tickets. Again what nobody has mentioned on here is all those that where never going to get a ticket anyway circa 11K+ points where all going and all wanted tickets.

So where were they going to get there tickets from? Yes those at the top end of the points system. So the fast sell out on this was caused by those that were never going to have enough points begging for favours from anyone that they think could help.

Simple way to combat any of this is to only supply tickets with official club travel so you know those eligible for tickets and have purchased are the ones going. But lets be honest that is never going to happen.

I've already joined the Bournemouth OSC, Lancashire branch

Did they accept you? After all with your record of attending away matches that could mean they lose another ticket!! ;-) We Lancastrians have to stick together so I'll look out for you down there.

Don't argue with other fans who want the same thing as you!

I don't really think that people are arguing with each other, just airing their opinion/points of view. I guess it is what it is, no system is totally fair but I think City do their best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.