Sevilla (H) | Post Match Thread

The first half was shit - no polishing that turd - our first halves have been generally shit this season, it's a problem we need to solve.
Usually going to be the case against teams that put 11 behind the ball as they're full fit and focused. It's as we tire them in the 2nd half and concentration levels drop that chances are more likely to come.

Today though was more down to getting the tactics wrong in the first half by playing inverted FBs and then changing that 2nd half.

The goal will do wonders for his confidence but I do question whether he might have been better going on loan this season to give him enough game time and get some goals under his belt, as he looked a different player tonight after he scored.
You are Raggie Neville and I claim my £5

Usually going to be the case against teams that put 11 behind the ball as they're full fit and focused. It's as we tire them in the 2nd half and concentration levels drop that chances are more likely to come.

Today though was more down to getting the tactics wrong in the first half by playing inverted FBs and then changing that 2nd half.
Not wrong.

I'm really pleased for Alvarez, one goal and two assists. In previous games where he has started he's had very little service despite him making lots of runs, so it's nice to see him do well.

The nice thing about Alvarez in the friendlies was his ability to pick a pass, a forward pass, and that was on display tonight as well. Lovely. The finish was cracking as well.

The first half was shit - no polishing that turd - our first halves have been generally shit this season, it's a problem we need to solve.
Just a thought that it’s because we’re facing even more parked buses than normal & by playing with introverted full backs at times it means the opposition eventually get ground down and we can create more space in the second half. It means a slower pace perhaps, but ultimately a way around a low block and therefore a win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.