Sevilla (H) | Post Match Thread

First half was slow and not great. However, one or two things went fine but the bad defending on the set piece led to a goal.

Second half, the change(s) brought things to life. Alvarez ran all night and pressed effectively. A goal and assist, great rewards for the work no one wants to do.

Rico Lewis did himself proud. May have a future rb on our hands on which we should exercise patience.

On to the next one.

He shouldn’t be seen as Haaland’s alternative, or our second striker. He’s an attacking player anywhere in the forward line. I’m a fan of wingers being able to cut inside to their strong foot, so our front three should be;

LW: Alvarez ST: Haaland RW: Foden
He can play out wide for sure but when Haaland is not available he’s certainly a good alternative as well as being an alternative type of striker
That’s the point I was making
And he’s most definitely primarily a striker

The goal will do wonders for his confidence but I do question whether he might have been better going on loan this season to give him enough game time and get some goals under his belt, as he looked a different player tonight after he scored.
Not sure what would have been a good loan for him. No point in playing at a Championship side or abroad. If a team like Southampton would have offered him a starting berth then maybe but I think he is better off being at City. He is getting game time and contributing goals and assists. He is ahead of where I thought he would be at this stage.

I thought the BT commentator was decent tonight - he had some interesting facts and had done a bit of research.
Considering how they treated City a few years ago that is massive progress. They must have read my emails threatening to unsubscribe!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.