Sevilla (N) | UEFA Super Cup | Post-Match Thread

Saturday 8pm is a great time for football for me. TV is generally crap on all sides anyway on that day. I can run my errands in the morning, nip to a local game in the afternoon and have a few beers there and then watch the main event all in one day. What's not to like?
Try getting home again after a late night match especially on a Saturday night. :-)

Their only success in this competition was back in 1991 against Red Star Belgrade.

They played a one off fixture at the swamp in front of a MASSIVE 22,110.

Let that sink in, 22,110 for a European Final played at their own stadium.

They lost the others in 1999, 2008 and 2017.
Correct. No return leg due to the war in Yugoslavia

We looked the better team in the end, but we looked far from our best and it was a bit worrying when they were just running through us down our right side at times.
Ederson made some big saves to keep us in it and Palmer got better as the game went on and scored a nice goal.

We could've won it, but it was a good draw considering we did have a lot of players missing and others were just not anywhere near top form.
But we looked confident during penalties, so i'm happy we got the trophy.

Most bizarre end to a trip ever - got in to Manchester airport and the Sevilla team plane was parked in the tarmac. Maybe they swapped?
EC -MUA B777 ,That’s working for TUI for the summer.The sticker is from when they chartered it for the UEFA final .

So uefa send us an email, to comment on the final. Press the link, have to sign in and then it doesn’t go to the survey.
Did anyone hear of the incident regarding tram t7 on the away from match.
It hit a person on the track a good distance away from ground and all trams on that line were stopped. The driver was obvious in distress and we had to get off tram. We then had a possible 90 minute walk back to accommodation but we managed to get a taxi the was returning to stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.