Sevilla (N) | UEFA Super Cup | Post-Match Thread

Had a good trip to Athens, although the heat reminded me of why I don’t do beach holidays.
The thing I will remember though is the amazingly angry blue sat a couple of seats back in the ground. The criticism and abuse of our players started 5 minutes in, constantly calling people shit, garbage etc. Ake, Akanji, Rodri, Walker and particularly Foden were all shit, whilst Pep was “fucking clueless”. The best classic was “Foden you have been shit all season”. It was pointed out to him that it was our second real match, but on it went. The guy was in his 50’s and genuinely furious from start to finish, ranting away loudly, despite being told to shut up.
Maybe the heat had affected him, but if he is like that every week I would hate to sit near him. Anybody recognise the description?

Night games I very rarely do for this exact reason. On Saturdays after 2pm all buses where I live are one an hour. Even on weekdays it's after 6pm. I can get back to Altrincham but my last bus home leaves at 10:52pm. There is no way I make it back to catch that unless I leave the match at 9:30pm and even then it's touch and go. A 7:30pm kick off would give me half a chance but it would be tight.
Where do you live?

Had a good trip to Athens, although the heat reminded me of why I don’t do beach holidays.
The thing I will remember though is the amazingly angry blue sat a couple of seats back in the ground. The criticism and abuse of our players started 5 minutes in, constantly calling people shit, garbage etc. Ake, Akanji, Rodri, Walker and particularly Foden were all shit, whilst Pep was “fucking clueless”. The best classic was “Foden you have been shit all season”. It was pointed out to him that it was our second real match, but on it went. The guy was in his 50’s and genuinely furious from start to finish, ranting away loudly, despite being told to shut up.
Maybe the heat had affected him, but if he is like that every week I would hate to sit near him. Anybody recognise the description?
He won't be happy in his life. Other problems and he takes it out on his football team and players.

This is a valid point. I attend night games and always stay until the end but with all the extra time that is now extending matches it is going to be difficult for many to get home.
Before all the road work and parking fiasco my brother would drive in. Now we are on the tram (opposite way to you!) and I get the bus after that. Like you it is the bus step that becomes the problem. Added to that if it is midweek and there is work the next day it's a pain

What gmpte have done is to just do away with a lot of bus routes that are covered by the tram. I've had this out with them before but to no avail. It's fine if you live within a reasonable walking distance from a tram stop but not much cop if you don't.

I have no idea how a last bus can leave at 10:52 pm. Most shows, football matches and pubs are at the earliest a 10pm finish. Extending it by 40 minutes to 23:30 pm gives people a fighting chance of getting a bus home. I understand often these buses aren't busy but they would be busier if they left at the later time.

What gmpte have done is to just do away with a lot of bus routes that are covered by the tram. I've had this out with them before but to no avail. It's fine if you live within a reasonable walking distance from a tram stop but not much cop if you don't.

I have no idea how a last bus can leave at 10:52 pm. Most shows, football matches and pubs are at the earliest a 10pm finish. Extending it by 40 minutes to 23:30 pm gives people a fighting chance of getting a bus home. I understand often these buses aren't busy but they would be busier if they left at the later time.
The busses back in the day would have like 1 person on them and still run they're just stingy bastard's these days mate and don't care about people

Before @Tim of the Oak says it was me I promise it wasn’t

The busses back in the day would have like 1 person on them and still run they're just stingy bastard's these days mate and don't care about people

They were and are supposed to be a public service and were run as one back in the day. Bloody hell I remember when every service ran all night once an hour. You could even get buses on Christmas day. Drivers and conductors ( remember those?) who had no close family or such, were happy to work it for the overtime and to stop sitting depressed on their own watching the great escape on TV for the umpteenth time.
Privatisation and greed meant it was all about profit, leaving many isolated places stranded without any bus service at all.

Loads of pissed up lobsters in there. The atmosphere was better than Istanbul in my opinion throughout the game but saw loads of blue on blue arguments, usually similar description to what you've mentioned above. Blokes old enough to know better but perhaps enjoyed the beers too much in the sun. A lot of arguments I saw stemmed around the sit up v sit down crowd. Had similar at Wembley the week before. Blokes on the front row trying to stand up when there were disabled people sat behind them. Braindead behaviour, at normal away games go for it, or choose to go in the safe standing section like I often do. For me, you can still get behind the team loud and proud whilst in a seated position, this allows kids and elderly behind you to enjoy the game.

Loads of pissed up lobsters in there. The atmosphere was better than Istanbul in my opinion throughout the game but saw loads of blue on blue arguments, usually similar description to what you've mentioned above. Blokes old enough to know better but perhaps enjoyed the beers too much in the sun. A lot of arguments I saw stemmed around the sit up v sit down crowd. Had similar at Wembley the week before. Blokes on the front row trying to stand up when there were disabled people sat behind them. Braindead behaviour, at normal away games go for it, or choose to go in the safe standing section like I often do. For me, you can still get behind the team loud and proud whilst in a seated position, this allows kids and elderly behind you to enjoy the game.

This is the problem with away games and finals it's pot luck who you get stuck near. Add to that loads are pissed/coked out of their brains and it can be a pretty unpleasant experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.