Sevilla v City post match thread

We are getting the job done despite missing key players like Kun, Silva etc

Tonight was even more special because not only we won in style and played amazing but also we did it without Kun, Silva and KDB

Not got time to read through all the pages, having just arrived home from Seville but boy was that a game and a half. What a team, what a match. Thank you City lads you were brilliant.

After the match (& apologies if anyone has already said this) it was great fun watching Delph, Clichy and Mangala winding down. We encouraged them and they entertained us royally for about 20 minutes running, tumbling, teasing each other, great and kept us from moaning about being kept in for half an hour and then being let out in batches!!

I just hope all City fans give Navas and Bony their props after all the the stick they've had recently from certain sections claiming they aren't good enough etc. They really came through for the team tonight both had great games, Sterling, Yaya and Pellers to a lesser extent have been getting flack recently. Cant just be vocal with your criticism's you've gotta give praise when its deserved too.
Bony was a fantastic out-ball for us all night, won most of the battles, held the ball up very well, relieving the pressure.
Navas was another great outlet on the right, got an assist, and was unlucky not to score.
Yaya-Fernandinho-Fernando, what a trio, an iron fist in a silk glove!
Sterling terrorised Sevilla in the first half, they were utterly shell shocked from the speed City came at them.
You can argue that Fernando hadn't really shown his worth until this season, but he looks a yard faster, hungry, and his partnership with Fernandinho almost telepathic.
Watching City stroke the ball around, and hunt the opponents down with the ball, in that green kit, I almost thought I was watching Barca at times.
With Silva, Aguero, Delph, Clichy, still to come back, we really have a plan B and C now.
From Sevilla to Villa on Sunday, and if we can put another away performance like that in, it'll be a perfect week.

What an outstanding performance. One of the very best I have ever seen from City. We have sent a message to the rest of Europe that we are going to be competitive against any team this season.

Kudos to Manuel for the set up of the team, and to every player for implementing the game plan to a tee.

At last the penny has dropped with Pellegrini that defence can be the best form of attack and isn't boring to watch. With Delph now available to drop into midfield we should be hard to breakdown.

We can fit in Kun fine, but we'll have to be creative when Silva comes back. I think Sterling and to a lesser degree KDB play better without Silva dominating the ball and controlling the tempo. Of course, all three are class players and they definitely play together in stretches but we'll need to get creative if we want to give everyone playing time.
There are no down sides to Silva's return

Well, I really really enjoyed that one right from the start till the end. The three downers were when they scored, and the ref ending the first and second half.

Impressed with how we played compact footie. When we closed them down in periods we tended to overrun them. Obviously the blitz-start helped. Bony help up play perfectly, Sterling and Navas keeping their defenders busy, and everyone else simply doing their job. MotM without a doubt was Fernandinho. This man so far has an unbelievable season.

I for one never thought we would already be qualified after this game when we lost to Juve at home. Now we must try and keep first spot.

Well done, City, well done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.