Sevilla v City post match thread

The only thing is if this is the way to go in Europe, surely Aguero comes in for bony. But means 2 of silva, de bruyne and yaya will miss out. Can't believe I'm saying this but silva went off at 1-0 in gladbach and not played In champs league since now we're through. Is he the player that just doesn't fit into the system that's needed for us to play in Europe? By the way I think he is the best player ever to pull on the shirt before people start.

The only thing is if this is the way to go in Europe, surely Aguero comes in for bony. But means 2 of silva, de bruyne and yaya will miss out. Can't believe I'm saying this but silva went off at 1-0 in gladbach and not played In champs league since now we're through. Is he the player that just doesn't fit into the system that's needed for us to play in Europe? By the way I think he is the best player ever to pull on the shirt before people start.
In that system Yaya suits us better than Silva or KDB do. His power and technique is very affective there and I think that's the way we need to go in Europe.

There is no one team that we should have, there is no best XI , there is no one size fits all.

All I want Pelle to do is look at the result we need, look at the importance of the game, look at how fit our players are, who is available and what the strengths and weaknesses of our opponents are and pick the right side for that opposition and that day.

What is most important for us is to have options and to have the tactics flexibility to do that. For me 442 per se wasn't the issue the issue was 442 in games where it was patently obviously not the best approach.

This side worked in Seville because they don't have the quickest defence in the world, because they are a very attacking gung Ho side, because they needed to win and because our injuries made that the best approach. It worked well. Against other opponents IE the 9 at the back want a 0-0 draw at the etihad it would leave us dreadfully exposed up front as we had three attackers who thrive in space.

We just need to show we are flexible and we play the best side for the opposition. We need to keep our players refreshed and rested and rotate (I think overplaying last season is the biggest driver of Chelsea's decline) and we need to be smart. If we do that we can match anyone on their day bar Barca and Bayern and if it is our day not theirs we can match them too.

Not exactly football related as such but I would just like to thank all the fans around where I was sitting on the front row of the lower stand. I started off in the second row but because I couldn't stand (I'd been walking all day and my flaming hip had given up on me!!) and people noticed and the ones standing in the aisle were trying to make sure that I could see and then a man, lovely guy, in the front row who was standing, swapped places with me and then everyone was making sure that I could definitely see and we had some great banter.

Thank you guys and gals, we booed the 'anthem', we cheered the team, we shouted, we screamed and I did something I've never done before!! I was banging on the metal screen thing in front of me. When the three City players were warming down it was great fun and they joined in with the 'banter' and the atmosphere was amazing. What a brilliant day back for my 'return'. You were all fantastic and proved once again that City fans are the best in the land, in all the world.

Spike's people were also amazing, making sure that I was ok and welcoming me back. That is one of the many reasons I love travelling with Spike and will never travel to our fixtures with anyone else.

Edit: I forgot to say that I met an amazing City fan from the Belgium SC, I think his name was Jurgen (that was on the back of his shirt). He was telling me how they bring over at least 40 to 50 fans for a lot of home matches, usually sitting in 109. What an amazing show of loyalty, eh guys? He and his family had booked a weeks holiday to Seville so that he could attend the match!!

Last edited:
There's plenty of games for everyone, and don't forget (and I know it's not Europe) but Dave has been injured for all 3 league games we have dropped points in this season

There is no one team that we should have, there is no best XI , there is no one size fits all.

All I want Pelle to do is look at the result we need, look at the importance of the game, look at how fit our players are, who is available and what the strengths and weaknesses of our opponents are and pick the right side for that opposition and that day.

What is most important for us is to have options and to have the tactics flexibility to do that. For me 442 per se wasn't the issue the issue was 442 in games where it was patently obviously not the best approach.

This side worked in Seville because they don't have the quickest defence in the world, because they are a very attacking gung Ho side, because they needed to win and because our injuries made that the best approach. It worked well. Against other opponents IE the 9 at the back want a 0-0 draw at the etihad it would leave us dreadfully exposed up front as we had three attackers who thrive in space.

We just need to show we are flexible and we play the best side for the opposition. We need to keep our players refreshed and rested and rotate (I think overplaying last season is the biggest driver of Chelsea's decline) and we need to be smart. If we do that we can match anyone on their day bar Barca and Bayern and if it is our day not theirs we can match them too.
Top post Ealing.Let's hope Pellers approaches all our games as you have suggested.

Good result. What we needed in Europe to make a statement. Aside from he Roma game last season this was it. Kudos to MP. Plenty of negative bastards trying to find a scapegoat after such a fantastic result. You would think the amount of criticism of kolarov he made a defensive error that directly caused us a goal. When he didn't even come close to a joe hart like fumble versus crystal palace. Some people can be miserable bastards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.