sh*t style of football

Re: shit style of football

i agree with the misrable type of footy been played!!im not been negative but the players dont seen to be arsed one bit over there!now is the time to get a grip with 2 weeks to go|!wots the point of pre season when we havnt played our top players!!!!sort it out bobby manc!!!!!

Soulboy said:
117 M34 said:
What is this picture meant to be showing? It looks like a very well organised team to me

So you think standing off an attacking player by some 15 yards is good?

I'm sure someone must have mentioned to the players that they can tackle...

That was our problem all last night... we never got close to the player in possession.
It was a feature of last season too. We do sit back and let them come at us too much, regardless of opposition. The new players might make the system work though.

Soulboy said:
117 M34 said:
What is this picture meant to be showing? It looks like a very well organised team to me

That was our problem all last night... we never got close to the player in possession.

Correct mate, nobody closing down Coutinho, who ran rings around our defence and Bridge ball watching AGAIN, why does he continue to do this.

Kompany, Kolo and Lescott were very poor last night.

Hopefully we can grab Luiz, play him with Kolo, with Boateng and Kolarov at FB, can only be an improvement..... although the ref did spoil the game by sending Vierra off for nowt.

op is right i cant see any style of recognised football being attempted either

you,d think with lots of new players to gel he,d play some at least together ,but we,ve got jo and lots of other no hopers getting games in this valuable run up time !!

we should be worried

Soulboy said:
117 M34 said:

The picture shows jack shit really.....

It could be a good example of 2 banks of 4 in a well organised team, or as was mentioned standing off too much, and conceding too much pitch.

It doesn't however show a "shit style of football", it shows 14 footballers, 1 referee, and 1 linesman, and no context of what is going on whatsoever.

Someone up above says that City shouldn't allow these games to be shown, and I agree, far too many get neurotic about friendly matches, at no point in any of these games have City played what will be our first team, so judging where we're at is completely pointless.

Its only the advances in online technology that allows people to see these games. 15 years ago, unless you went to a friendly, you would struggle to even find out the result, let alone watch it live, and that was far better.

It starts to matter on the 14th.

I disagree with a lot of these comments. I think we showed passion last night, look at the Kompany clash and when Viera got sent off I loved that there were a lot of City players in the mix backing him up what more do you want? Also noticed that we moved the ball well in patches. We dont seem to hoof the ball now but play our way out of defence like all the best teams do... and this was without our big name players such as Silva etc. I am excited at the prospect of the coming season!

Our biggest weakness is that we dont actually have an established style of football yet, which is why it is unreaslitic to expect us to win the league this year.

At the moment we're a group of individuals. If those individuals dont play well we dont have a playing system to fall back on. This is particularly noticeable in these pre season friendlies. Inter were a long way from full strength but the players all seemed to understand their system. If a young player is promoted to their first team they know how they will be expected to playbecasuse the same system will be used at reserve and junior level. That's not just a case of playiing 4-4-2, 4-3-3 etc but how they keep the ball and move about the pitch.

It will take time, even longer if we keep changing the manager.

Does the Clown OP realise that a)

Mancini wasn't there to tweak and pull the line up as he saw fit? Kidd is the ASSISTANT who will put his own spin on Mancini's shape and style. This means it is not necessarily what Mancini would have done, last night.

and

b)

Vieira was sent off. This also meant that any ensuing intention of play was disrupted by a referee that didn't know the meaning of the word 'friendly' and 'intent'. So Ade had no second striker to work off and the team HAD to stand off, in order not to leave massive holes in the shape of the team.

lastmanback said:
can anyone tell me what style of football we are playing.
it's not counter attack, where you sit back absorb the opponents attack
and hit them on the break.
it's not attacking football either because we can't string 5 passes together in the
opponents half.
it's not possesion football, nothing knits together, defence, midfield, forward line.
every team we play against is in control of the game and we depend on a piece
of individual brilliance by one player to score.

this is very worrying.
we have an italian manager who you would think can make us defend.
he plays with 4 at the back and 2 or 3 defensive midfielders.
our forwards are totally left out on there own, with not midfield to connect with.
even if it's not his team of players he should still have a style or a method he could
instill into the team till he gets the players he wants.
I think roberto has no master plan, just like hughes, sven, keegan etc.
managers with no vision or style or method. end of rant...................

I agree with everything the OP has said, and ive been saying it for a while under Mancini, we dont have a style of play and the players were buying were hopeing can turn games for us, rather than adding a more talented piece to add to our puzzle. Toure looks great, but so many times he'd look around trying to find one of our players who was free, but the rest of the players seem to prefer to stand still rather than make space for each other.

Last season Mancini got praised for 'masterminding' a victory away at chelsea 4-2, when in reality we were pinned back, out played and hanging on for our lives in the first half, untill Tevez grabbed our team by the scruff of the neck and bull dozed through terry and carvaliho to score....we just rely to much on a "piece of individual brilliance by one player to score."

for me were have the talent to get through games but we need to learn to play as a team if were going to do anything this season.

Bigga said:
Does the Clown OP realise that a)

Mancini wasn't there to tweak and pull the line up as he saw fit? Kidd is the ASSISTANT who will put his own spin on Mancini's shape and style. This means it is not necessarily what Mancini would have done, last night.

and

b)

Vieira was sent off. This also meant that any ensuing intention of play was disrupted by a referee that didn't know the meaning of the word 'friendly' and 'intent'. So Ade had no second striker to work off and the team HAD to stand off, in order not to leave massive holes in the shape of the team.

He's gone with the same formation in most games. He loves his DM to much. There's just no link up between Mid and attack, it's hard to watch. Not getting on his back, hopefully he will change it all for start of the season because this shit will never work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.