Shakhtar Donetsk (H) - CL - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My impression as well. Maybe it wasn't just a cramp or tiredness. He managed to play two full games before last night and didn't play midweek. So, it's not about coming too early. Let's see the sxtent of the problem. Hope it's not another 3 weeks out.
I watched post-match press conference. Silva and Rodri were tiredness / cramp. The injury is Aguero. "Muscular".

I watched post-match press conference. Silva and Rodri were tiredness / cramp. The injury is Aguero. "Muscular".

Very much hope so. Rodri looked upset, this is why I thought it might be injury related.

Aguero injured ...
D Silva injured ...
Rodri injured ...

3 points today ... coming from behind ... all good ... but three forced subs due to three more injuries ...

Even if David and Rodri have cramps, don’t see them two playing mid week ...

Ederson
Walker - Stones - Fernandinho - Angelino
KdB - Gundo - Foden
B Silva - Jesus - Sterling

I’d be very surprised if that’s not the team for mid week ... win it, secure the group, secure top spot and we go again on the weekend.

C’mon City!
Would like to see your team but García for Ferdy and Mahrez playing the number 10 role in front of Gundogan, Foden, Sterling and Bernie with Jesus up top. Much needed rest for Ferdy and KDB.

Edit, forgot about Otto, the General instead of García.

1 last point to win the group, then Zagreb away between the derby and Arsenal will be an important rest for many.

So many injuries now. Pep needs a good mix to get the vital point (at least) and rest some for Newcastle.
Donezk could be happy with a draw, hopefully.
Win or draw and no more injuries is all I want.

Fern and Mendy on 2 yellows, 1 away from a suspension.

Ederson
Walker
Garcia
Otamendi
Angelino
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Bernardo Silva
Mahrez
Sterling
Jesus

I like the idea of Mahrez playing again. We all know what a player he can be and I bet he's brilliant in training but he needs match fitness and really game situations to get him playing to a high level.

Good opportunity to rest a few and give some reserves/youth a run out. We're almost guaranteed qualifying, even a draw is enough and need to save ourselves for the league.

For me the champs league is always second priority in importance to the prem league.....

we only need a point to qualify and therefore Id play a weaker team and rest the integral players....give the kids a chance

Ederson

Cancello Garcia Ottomendi Angelino/mendy

Gundogan

Mahrez Fodden Bernardo Silva Sterling

Jesus

Im sure neither Pep nor the hierachy see it that way so thats just my take on it....

Looking from a completely different point of view however it could be argued we have a better chance at the champs league this year than we do with the premiership (I actually dont think we do as we aint playing well enough to beat the best in the champs league) so we have to play our strongest to ensure we finish top of the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.