Shame At Being A Blue

Owain said:
johnny crossan said:
Deep breath - spaces between sentences

The Club have done nothing wrong

Anyone on here who thinks they did is in error IMO

The Reason Hughes Had To Go:

Performances, not just results were poor.

There were real question marks over the injury record and motivation level of key signings

The trip to Abu Dhabi in November was also for a major management review following six draws .

The request for further funds for January signings was not well received in light of the above

After defeat in AD there followed further draws from winning positions at a weakened Liverpool & Burnley

Hughes demonstrably failed to get the best from his players or his staff, in particular he failed to manage his defensive coaches

It was decided, quite reasonably, that a new manager and coaching staff were necessary.

The Sacking:

There was no-one in place to act as caretaker over an interregnum, the result of Hughes' staff recruitment policy

A period of Kinnear-style instability was not wanted at this crucial stage of the season.

There is no pain-free way of dispensing with the services of a failing incumbent manager

Just as there is no pain-free way of reading the papers, watching SSN or reading some of the posts on here

It would be refreshing to see people stop brown-nosing the owners and board in such a fucking pathetic manner.

More importantly, why oh fucking why is no-one addressing the issue of the club's behaviour here? The fact that they're going to huge lengths ON THE WEBSITE to try and play down this PR disaster is because they know they've behaved abhorrently.

Cook and Mubarak should be condemned for their handling of this. Say what you want about Mark Hughes, but no-one in a professional environment deserves to be treated in this shoddy manner.

AND personally I don't think the journos are having a crack at the club. They're having a crack at the abysmal decisions of those in charge of the club. I for one welcomed their scrutiny of Cook at that press conference. He deserved the difficult time the hacks gave him.

Sorry, but I'd like to see heads roll before we just forget about all this. In any case, I'm 100% behind Mancini.

It would also be refreshing if people would shut the fuck up and support the club, we're not a plc your not on the board, how do you know the circumstances in the decisions that were made.

Oh and you want heads to roll, so you care more for the way he was dismissed than the club it's self. Is it a Welsh thing?

The so-called shoddy manner of the sacking could not have been helped. Information was obviously leaked out because The Guardian had a report plastered all over its website in the early hours of saturday morning, saying Hughes would be fired no matter what the outcome of the Sunderland game was. This was not just a guess on his future, they were obviously tipped off, therefore the board had to act, although some say without class.
In my view it was better to put Hughes out of his misery and get it over with, there was no way of doing it on the eve of a game in which we really had to win and if all the players were informed before the match they acted in a truly proffesional way.

I felt sorry for Hughes, but admittedly it was the correct decision......we move on, to a better and more exciting future.

I feel everyone should do as I do and don't buy a paper.

I have been screaming for Mancini to take over fr months! See my old posts! And finally we have a quality manager.

We finaly got him wooooo hooooo god I love bein a city supporter!

Bring on stoke

My fears were that MH was always under pressure to keep picking Robinho and hadn't been allowed quite the free run in the transfer market we all thought he had.
On further reading today I'm not worried now about him being a yes man who would have to put up with the slackers. Hughes was nowhere near a strong enough character to dominate the players and there seemed to be no consequences for poor performance or dissrespect. To ask for more funds after squandering so much on average players was, I'm sure a final straw. Lescott, Toure, Robinho, Adebayor & De Jong were all vastly over priced and performed poorly, Hughes kept picking them out of shear stubornness.
Getting rid of Hughes was correct, if Mancini jetisons some of the above players it will convince me that he is in complete control and he knows his stuff.

Neil McNab said:
My fears were that MH was always under pressure to keep picking Robinho and hadn't been allowed quite the free run in the transfer market we all thought he had.
On further reading today I'm not worried now about him being a yes man who would have to put up with the slackers. Hughes was nowhere near a strong enough character to dominate the players and there seemed to be no consequences for poor performance or dissrespect. To ask for more funds after squandering so much on average players was, I'm sure a final straw. Lescott, Toure, Robinho, Adebayor & De Jong were all vastly over priced and performed poorly, Hughes kept picking them out of shear stubornness.
Getting rid of Hughes was correct, if Mancini jetisons some of the above players it will convince me that he is in complete control and he knows his stuff.

Why are all your posts obsessed with the idea that Robinho is running the club?

Get a grip.

Right, I'm not taking the p*ss here and without doubt am I not a rag. Hughes has gone, Mancini is in and now we have got to move forward. With Gary Cook as Chief Exec we will never do this. So what about (and I kid you not) we try to get Peter Kenyon... He's proved he can successfully operate a club with money to burn and one with not so much money. I know he's a Rag but surely he would be better than the tw@t we've got now?

stoneytheblue said:
Right, I'm not taking the p*ss here and without doubt am I not a rag. Hughes has gone, Mancini is in and now we have got to move forward. With Gary Cook as Chief Exec we will never do this. So what about (and I kid you not) we try to get Peter Kenyon... He's proved he can successfully operate a club with money to burn and one with not so much money. I know he's a Rag but surely he would be better than the tw@t we've got now?

Maybe....just maybe....

Not a rag either, he is 100% blue!

Successful clubs have not reached the top by being nice guys.

As long as gary cook is at the club there will never be any stability. He is an absolute wank and needs to be replaced ASAP!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.