Shaving

I hate the feeling of being freshly shaved. Consequently I only have one about every 5 days.

I started using a double razor last year after reading a thread on these boards.

Absolutely love it. Merkur 34c with Japanese with Feather blades.
Thinking of upgrading to a Feather safety razor too.

Use sandalwood cream and brush for lather and takes little longer than foam and the plastic razors I used to use.
But....it feels like a lovely bit of theatre (and the shaves feel smoother and cleaner).

1651442192166.png

I started using a double razor last year after reading a thread on these boards.

Absolutely love it. Merkur 34c with Japanese with Feather blades.
Thinking of upgrading to a Feather safety razor too.

Use sandalwood cream and brush for lather and takes little longer than foam and the plastic razors I used to use.
But....it feels like a lovely bit of theatre (and the shaves feel smoother and cleaner).

View attachment 41960
How do you shave under your nose with that? Looks too big. What about nicks - do you cut yourself more? I remember every time I used to visit my granddad when I was a kid, he always had a tiny piece of tissue glued to his chin to heal that morning’s shaving nick.

I've been using a shavette straight razor for over 5 years now (brush and soap). Takes me less than 5 minutes to get rid of a weeks growth, and the beauty of a straight razor is that it doesn't get clogged, unlike those expensive wanky multi-blade disposables.

Took a while to get used to but saved me an absolute fortune.
A weeks growth? Still thinking you're Don Johnson?

We had a thread on shaving about 2 years ago and @blueinsa kindly gave me some helpful advice on using a double edge razor. However, i just couldn't get to grips with my face being cut and blotchy every time i tried using it so i went back to multi blade razors.

Bought a Harry's razor with 9 blades a few weeks ago costing £15 from Sainsbury's. I think I got 10 shaves from the first blade and I'm now on the second. I'm impressed with the closeness of the blades and how smooth a shave they give me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.