"Shay Given is Not a Good Goalkeeper"

Carl_Man_City said:
City_City said:
Freidel, Schwarzer, Green, Hart, Almunia, Howard, Jääskeläinen, ETC.

Now that really is ridiculous.

One thing you can't fault Given for is his shot-stopping

and maybe it's not so ridiculous...Givens shot stopping that involves him useing his reflexs is world class...his shot stopping that does'nt rely on his reflex's is not world class. In a very recent match he come off his line 3 yard to narrow a supposed angle that wa'nts there (the striker was sniffing down the cente line)....unfortunately for City the striker seen the non productive 3 yard shift and simply lifted the ball high left (which passed the goal line at shoulder height) with Given stranded and even the notion of a dive futile....where it would'nt have been had he stayed put. Thankfully only the striker clocked the inappropriate move from Given and it certainly was not chalked up....it was nevetheless a shot from enough distance that could be well enough seen, hit with medium pace.

this guy must be sniffing glue if he thinks that!! i wouldnt just say one of the best in the prem, id say one of the best in the world!!

lets put taylor in net and see how we do without shay!

Fat Chance said:
Carl_Man_City said:

and maybe it's not so ridiculous...Givens shot stopping that involves him useing his reflexs is world class...his shot stopping that does'nt rely on his reflex's is not world class. In a very recent match he come off his line 3 yard to narrow a supposed angle that wa'nts there (the striker was sniffing down the cente line)....unfortunately for City the striker seen the non productive 3 yard shift and simply lifted the ball high left (which passed the goal line at shoulder height) with Given stranded and even the notion of a dive futile....where it would'nt have been had he stayed put. Thankfully only the striker clocked the inappropriate move from Given and it certainly was not chalked up....it was nevetheless a shot from enough distance that could be well enough seen, hit with medium pace.

Yeh I heard Scarlett Johannson once picked her nose and Roger Federer occasionally hits his backhand shots at 80 mph instead of 83.
Are you having a giraffe?

Carl_Man_City said:
City_City said:
Freidel, Schwarzer, Green, Hart, Almunia, Howard, Jääskeläinen, ETC.

He isn't even a great shot stopper from the first place. Good not Great, let alone world class.
Do you even take a notice at how many shots on target that he has saved?
His acrobatic saving style makes it looks as if it was a world class save.

Lucky Toma said:
Oh for fucks sake this is just getting surreal now! Do you Given-snipers know ANYTHING about football what-so-fucking-ever???
Shay isnt perfection...but he's close enough to get a fingertip to it.

He is a world class when a shot goes straight at him. He will be defeated if he faces a technical strikers who can curve their shot.

City_City said:
Lucky Toma said:
Oh for fucks sake this is just getting surreal now! Do you Given-snipers know ANYTHING about football what-so-fucking-ever???
Shay isnt perfection...but he's close enough to get a fingertip to it.

He is a world class when a shot goes straight at him. He will be defeated if he faces a technical strikers who can curve their shot.

As opposed to other keepers who just love a curler into the far corner.

Lucky Toma said:
Fat Chance said:

Yeh I heard Scarlett Johannson once picked her nose and Roger Federer occasionally hits his backhand shots at 80 mph instead of 83.
Are you having a giraffe?

Which bit of what i've wrote above is'nt correct....the kid chatting about a curve shot is on the money cause unless i'm seeing things he comes off his line when theres no need and stays on it for crosses into the 6 yard box...if you think thats world class then thats your own business. If we're reckoning to get serious then the players will be looked at seriously....like i said earlier Corrigan for his last 5 years was a more complete keeper than Shay.

Let's be honest here. Do you really think that the likes of Freidel, Schwarzer, Green, Hart, Almunia, Howard and Jääskeläinen can't do what Given has done?

They are not shit keepers by any means but that doesn't mean Given deserves any footballly masturbations everytime he makes a save.

"Yeh I heard Scarlett Johannson once picked her nose and Roger Federer occasionally hits his backhand shots at 80 mph instead of 83".

Seen a good little interview once with Alan Lamb the wicketkeeper. The interviewer drunk on Lambs recent breathetaking performances was seriously bigging-up the fact that he had simply a split second to decide which route and tragectory the 80mph ball would be shooting off at and with him having to move his body accordingly and attempt to catch it single handedly...it was surely the work of a genius. Lamb looked him like he'd gone out and then calmly replied....not really mate, it's what i do every day of the week, i work in split seconds, anyone taking a second better look for other employment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.