"Shay Given is Not a Good Goalkeeper"

deynaskaz said:
Damocles said:
Do I watch Juve? Are you kidding? I've brought up my love of Italian football before, the fact that I watch it regularly, and go at least twice a year, every year since I was about 16. I also post pretty heavily on Italian football forums, including the Inter one that brought a few of them over here when we appointed Mancini.

Juve have been garbage recently. They haven't won in about 5 games and Ferrara has just been sacked. They're about 7th in the league, and should really be pushing at the top with the team they have.

Could of informed you of that after watching sky ,seems you consider yourself an expert in all ares ,what pizza topping would you recomend..

Don't start with that shit, either debate the point or shut up.

oh give over and stop being so touchy ,and answer the question ,and stop swearing you could get banned..

deynaskaz said:
oh give over and stop being so touchy ,and answer the question ,and stop swearing you could get banned..

Swearing isn't against the CoC. When you ask me a question relevant to Given, I'll answer it. I'm sick of how when people run out of things to say, they just start attacking other posters, it's pathetic.

i have been saying all season we have a big problem with givens all round play. too many goals scored in 6 yard box rooney an example.
at hull i noticed right away our lack of height with thier strikers 6" taller than our center halves then we go on to give numerous freekicks and corners away which we know Given will no come for Up front again apart from Ade we have no height so whats the point Given booting it high into the sky when the ball keeps coming back.

Damocles said:
deynaskaz said:

Swearing isn't against the CoC. When you ask me a question relevant to Given, I'll answer it. I'm sick of how when people run out of things to say, they just start attacking other posters, it's pathetic.
Attacking you are a touchy bugger ,i stated earlier that im glad you agree that Shay isnt the best keeper in the world ,but you choose to debate the points you feel comfortable with and ignore any challenges ,a bit like a child when they repeat why why why over and over again.
So if Buffon isnt better than Shay who is, in your opinion and why would we not be able to attract them.

deynaskaz said:
Damocles said:
Attacking you are a touchy bugger ,i stated earlier that im glad you agree that Shay isnt the best keeper in the world ,but you choose to debate the points you feel comfortable with and ignore any challenges ,a bit like a child when they repeat why why why over and over again.
So if Buffon isnt better than Shay who is, in your opinion and why would we not be able to attract them.

You just can't help yourself can you?

Anyway, Valdes is a better keeper than Shay, and is unfairly kept out of the Spanish team due to the reputations of others. To be honest, I seem to remember that he was statistically the best keeper in the world last season (though I may have just made this up). We can't attract him because he's at the biggest club in the world, who won't sell him and we have nothing to offer him apart from money.

Van Der Sar is a better all round keeper than Shay, he's better in the air, just as good shot stopping, and is as powerful as you'd like. We can't attract him because he plays for the biggest club in England and our arch-rivals. Also, he's probably got a season left in him, so it would be stupid.

Cech I'm undecided on. He could probably do with a move to freshen him up a bit as he's getting prone to the odd mistake and he isn't fast enough around the goal at the moment. That said, Chelsea would rather sell us their ground than him.

Hart has potential, but he's still a mini-Shay, whereas Shay is a full grown Shay. I can't see how anyone can say that Hart is better in the air than Given. Perhaps having the best defence in the league this season in front of him has flattered him somewhat.

Abiatti has his moments, but is too inconsistent. You can throw Doni, Marchetti, Reina, and Julio Cesar in that bunch. Thinking about it, you can put most middle-top keepers in there.

Actually, Iker is up there too. The problem is that Madrid have no need or desire to sell him, and he is firmly a Madrid man.

I have fired off an e-mail to this writer simply asking him about his knowledge of football and why on earth he has the rights of audience re: football talk in a national paper.

Clueless beyond ineptitude.

Van de Saar at Juve v Buffon at Juve.

Like for like Buffon is 10 times better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.