Shay Given to Arsenal (merged)

Re: we've agreed to let Shay Given join Arsenal

nashark said:
Kinky by name said:
I agree mate it was a stunning performance but I can't help feeling that nothing makes IrishMacca's point better than this... why drop Given in the first place?

Because Hart is a better goalkeeper.

He has done nothing to prove that. Nothing but play a good enough season at Birmingham and not even make the bench behind two average to poor English keepers which is borderline embarrasing.

IrishMacca said:
leewill31 said:
so we treat hart the same way instead?

To earn the jersey another player has to loose it, and there needs to be a reason for him to loose it.
Not age, not nationality, not because of a change of managers. An actual reason, ability based. Which there is not. Hart is not better than Given, he is not more experienced, he is not more consistant or reliable. He is not proven, and has not done enough to take the jersey off a player who has only been outstanding for us.
The best players should play, unfortunately this is not the case.

Apart from the experience bit I think you'll find that those are your opinions and not facts. We've had the debate on here previously and it's obvious that a significant percentage believe Hart to be the better all round keeper. It would appear that RM holds this opinion AT THE MOMENT, get behind the manager and City, if it proves to be the wrong decision then the manager will pay the price not Shay Given.

IrishMacca said:
nashark said:

He has done nothing to prove that. Nothing but play a good enough season at Birmingham and not even make the bench behind two average to poor English keepers which is borderline embarrasing.

that had fook all to do with harts ability mate don't be so blind.

leewill31 said:
IrishMacca said:

Clearly Capello thought otherwise. I mean his age has apparently nothing to do with it here, why would it there?

IrishMacca said:
Interstate 5 said:
How many people on here still haven't seen even the highlights from Saturday, or read the reports and seen who was Man Of the Match?

Did Mancini make a mess of that as well?

And how many times has Given put in a display like that. Count Hart's on one had. Given has a room full I'd say. But, hey, the way people talk on here, I'm actually beginning to believe that they didn't notice. Like Is said, had any other keeper put in that display it would have been lucky to make the papers, or be mentioned on here had it been Given. But it is well clear who the City favourite is.

So the man in form got picked. Can anyone seriously argue with that?

Or maybe Joe Corrigan should be recalled, because on his day he was better than both of them? (Insert smilie of choice here)

Given has had a reasonably serious injury for a keeper, which even he didn't think would see him fit for the start of the season. He'll get his turn, I hope he's smart enough to stick around to play his share of the 60-70 games we'll play this season.

IrishMacca said:
nashark said:

Think your going way over the top IrishMacca, Just because you dont get on for your country dosent meab your a bad goalkeeper! Zanetti and Cambiasso didnt make the Argentina squad for the World Cup does that make them sh*t aswell. Hart is NO.1 now and rightly so, Hughes dropped Hart in place of Given for no reason, But no Mancini is in charge and its his decision!

IrishMacca said:
nashark said:

Bad decision by Capello who then rectified this in the Hungary game.

As for the season at Birmingham, he was voted the best keeper in one of the best leagues in the world. Not bad, eh?

Oh, and Given is shit at crosses, does not play enough football at the back, and, although a great shopper, not as good as Joe.

It all boils down to this: Given is not as good as Hart. The goalkeepers of the league might agree.

Interstate 5 said:
IrishMacca said:
And how many times has Given put in a display like that. Count Hart's on one had. Given has a room full I'd say. But, hey, the way people talk on here, I'm actually beginning to believe that they didn't notice. Like Is said, had any other keeper put in that display it would have been lucky to make the papers, or be mentioned on here had it been Given. But it is well clear who the City favourite is.

Or maybe Joe Corrigan should be recalled, because on his day he was better than both of them? (Insert smilie of choice here)

Given has had a reasonably serious injury for a keeper, which even he didn't think would see him fit for the start of the season. He'll get his turn, I hope he's smart enough to stick around to play his share of the 60-70 games we'll play this season.

On form? From what? Because he certainly had nothing to do all summer long during the English campaign.
Given will get the odd game against nobody teams and will waste his talent and his time sitting on the bench, clearly unappreciated by management and fans alike. Why should he stay.

IrishMacca said:
leewill31 said:

Clearly Capello thought otherwise. I mean his age has apparently nothing to do with it here, why would it there?

clearly as proven capello made a big balls up as i said take your blinkers off.

IrishMacca said:
Interstate 5 said:

On form? From what? Because he certainly had nothing to do all summer long during the English campaign.
Given will get the odd game against nobody teams and will waste his talent and his time sitting on the bench, clearly unappreciated by management and fans alike. Why should he stay.

He shouldn't.

Not good enough for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.