Shay - he's leaving

I don't like the 5-year contract bit, I think there's a distinct difference between position competition and unsettling a keeper. Unfortunately, I think a contract extension to Given would do the latter to Joe.

Andouble said:
I don't like the 5-year contract bit, I think there's a distinct difference between position competition and unsettling a keeper. Unfortunately, I think a contract extension to Given would do the latter to Joe.

If Shay is being offered an improved five year contract at his age, surely even Barcelona or Real Madrid would struggle to convince him to leave!!<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:30 pm --<br /><br />
sam221985 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Then you clearly have a better source for the up-to-date info than I had, such is the strength of your post.

As of early last week, Shay was telling the staff he felt the only option open to him was to move on and subsequently Celtic had already been in touch with regards this.

I have since seen a supposed back injury and a new five year contract offered in his direction - None of this has also been confirmed on denied?

If your information is correct, then I stand fully corrected.

However, until we hear or see, it's little unfair to be calling me out of order?

You have every right to stand by your info, just as any one else.

Totally OT here Tolmie but meaning to ask you for a while, a couple of weeks ago you revealed we had an interest in Diego Forlan, has that gone cold or is it still an option? Did Atletico pour cold water on it or did it never even get that far, to your knowledge?

Sorry mate, just missed your question as I was signing off there!

As far as I can tell, it doesn't appear to have got any further than usual agent touting and Mancini expressing admiration up to a point.

Apologies to anyone else who thinks I get my jollies by posting shite, but it is exactly how it is passed on at the present time.

Situations are ALWAYS changing.

don't know Shay personally but would he take the 5 year 100k a week contract extension and sit on the bench without a fuss?

I mean let's be honest he would become the greatest backup keeper in the world but he could realistically start for 90+% of the teams in Europe.

IMO it would be madness of City to offer him 5 years extentsion and extra money. He's good But not that good! Loan him out with a recall clause and keep the terms the same. He'll be happy enough with that.

From a report I read. Can't think of many better #2 GKs in the Premier League if Shay left.

Meanwhile City are looking towards Stoke City’s Asmir Begovic as back-up for Hart as Given is likely to leave the club with Arsenal, Fulham and Celtic all interested in the Republic of Ireland international.

offering shay a new contract, and going for Forlan (if i read that correct) both seem like big mistakes to me, just my opinion tho.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
lionheart said:
You are out of order for telling everyone porkers of such magnitude. Please get your facts right before using such scaremongering headlines and for writing such tripe. Shay will stay and fight for his place.
Then you clearly have a better source for the up-to-date info than I had, such is the strength of your post. As of early last week, Shay was telling the staff he felt the only option open to him was to move on and subsequently Celtic had already been in touch with regards this. I have since seen a supposed back injury and a new five year contract offered in his direction - None of this has also been confirmed on denied? If your information is correct, then I stand fully corrected. However, until we hear or see, it's little unfair to be calling me out of order? You have every right to stand by your info, just as any one else.
In my humble opinion, you were totally out of order for stating categorically in your alarmist/sensationalist headline that "Shay - he's leaving". You should have instead written that Shay considers leaving or may be leaving. Its factual style headlines like yours which really piss me off. Rant over.

Your stance is fair enough.

But you are still out of order saying I was telling porkies or revving it up. I stand by my info as it was when I posted at start of the week.

Most papers today are reporting Given had a move to Celtic blocked this week and he is unhappy at being told he must stay.

That's certainly 100 per cent closer to the truth than you insisting Shay had decided to buckle down a fight for his place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.