Shay

Some the responses in the thread have completly gone off the rails, all that was said was a few people highlighted and discussing Given's weakness in his game, it wasn't a thread calling for his head or saying we should sell him, it's a discussion to see what people think of him, afterall it's a forum right?

Everyone knows Shay is a top quality keeper, there's nothing wrong with us talking about and exposing his weakness and a massive dip in current form, he's not to blame for everything but were just dicussing a few minor recent problems which have had people talking, there's no harm in discussing the weaknesses and strong points about our number 1 is there?

He has earned us points this season.The Lampard penalty springs to mind.Shay's kicking distribution needs improving,I'm sure he would be the first to admit that.Somethings not quite right with the body language though, post Mancini arrival.Great keeper and wouldnt swap him for any other in the Prem.Hope its only a blip.

Why is it if a player has a dip in form he gets hammered on this forum, Given has gained us more points than any other player in his 14 months with us,I can`t remember another goal other than the one at Stoke that I would blame him for. 1 or 2 bad games and that`s it, forgetting everything else that has gone before. Joe had plenty of critics on here, not now though,
If we changed everyone who was out of form in the last few weeks, would we have enough players for sunday?

Bridgeblue, I agree that he has been brilliant in his time with us but I must disagree with you about how many he has been at fault for. Stoke's equaliser? Fuller headed it on the 6 yard box and Given had taken root just like he did when Rooney scored their third against us in the semi final. Keepers like Scmeicel and Van der Sar would have been commanding that area. Still, I would not swap Shay for anyone but would just like to see him improve on that area of his play.

ffs don't mention Rooney scoring with his head from 4 yards. The brilliant reactive save Shay made from Fletchers header was how far out?...little clue....less than Rooneys .....but he saved it right...why the fuck did he have the opportunity because you start having more than 1 one them chances in an important semi-final and guess what...we ain't going to Wembley.

Sigster100 said:
Bridgeblue, I agree that he has been brilliant in his time with us but I must disagree with you about how many he has been at fault for. Stoke's equaliser? Fuller headed it on the 6 yard box and Given had taken root just like he did when Rooney scored their third against us in the semi final. Keepers like Scmeicel and Van der Sar would have been commanding that area. Still, I would not swap Shay for anyone but would just like to see him improve on that area of his play.
Fair enough, we can all see his faults, not commanding his box, and his starting positioning can be poor, but I think in the overall he is one of the best in the prem.

janeandshay.ashx

fuck me no wonder his mind is else where lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.