Sheffield United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

So much negativity, we are three games in, having significant players injured, two key players left and two more injured. Two (Silva and Foden) were sidelined through illness. Two new signings settling in, with more to follow. One inch to the left and Haaland would have scored the pen. We won all three Premier League fixtures, all of which looked tricky on paper, and a small matter of the European Super Cup. Despite conceding a late equaliser we still had the spirit to score the winner. I think some people here think we should be winning every game by 3-0 or more. We have 100% success after 3 games, two of which were away and possibly the toughest home game of the season, we are top.

Don't be such a dick!

What you're referencing isn't the same thing at all, is it?
It's more akin to your lot singing "You're just a shit Billie Sharp" to Haaland. You know? A bit of fun?

NOT booing his every touch of the ball like a bunch of spoilt, smacked-arse scousers.
I'm sure Man City fans have never booed anyone before - say Eric Cantona. Grealish is excellent, I'm sure he takes it in good humour and I've read he went over to the United fans after the final whistle who clapped him.

How is saying City has always been a massive club something to be critical of! I know my football more than most, I know City were huge in the 70's, they won various trophies, they were and have always been a big club. I started following football in the late 80's when I recall City were not as strong as the days with Bell, Summerbee, Lee etc, but they were not shit either, not in my book! City under Kendall were decent, they had some decent times under Peter Reid, under Royle and Keegan were great sides to watch, they had some really good players, particularly under Keegan they spent well. I recall the quality of those sides; they were definitely not shit, it's just a chant that football fans say because it's easy to say.

Ok, it might be "bingo" when I say I preferred City then, I'm not anti Man City at all and that includes now. I'm not getting into the ongoing stuff of accusations v City from UEFA but I just want to see a model that is sustainable for all, call me a dreamer as Brian Clough said, one not run by people with insane money. A league where we can have 51% ownership like in Germany. That's what I want and it will never happen. So any post on money is not particularly aimed at City. I've always respected City and even though I prefer City of old, I didn't see it as shit as I say, but City of old or like anyone without serious backing (just look at Leeds now who despite been a huge club find themselves back in the Championship ) just can't compete at the very top- not to win trophies anyway, it's sad but but it's the model we have allowed to flourish in this country.
German model, do us a favour. Leverages purchase or owner investment model for your new owner?

Brentford and Bournemouth have a totally different mentality that’s why they don’t go down the prehistoric boring park the bus tactic that bores football fans to death . Both Brentford and Bournemouth have tiny grounds but a great atmosphere and vibe and a totally different mentality to you lot . Swallowing your managers PR bollocks that blades were 99.5% perfect is just him justifying the prehistoric park the bus tactics because he knows no other way and for that reason alone any blade fan should be concerned. Brentford beat us twice last season and we struggled against them twice the season before , they set up on the counter and never drop deep and fight to win every second ball and also have very good set piece tactics from which Toney thrives . Brentford have also started this season very well without Toney because their manager is tactically very good and gets the best from his players . Bournemouth just have a go they know they will get a thumping now and again but just take it on the chin and move on to the next game . Bournemouth never play with a deep packed defence they have found their own style and just get on with it and it serves them well . RE Forrest they have an owner who just thinks throwing money at it works ! spending £200 million on shite gets you nowhere , that joke of a football club a couple of miles from us have spent billions to tread water !
Adapt or get relegated…….. good luck !
I agree on Brentford, a great scouting system and done fantastic. Bournemouth have spent huge sums and still struggles to stay up (as I said earlier whenever I see them I find them quite a cynical team). We do need to become more attack minded (not too much), but given the pre season we have had it may take a bit of time. How about if you give us Mcatee, we promise not to park the bus at he Etihad?!

There is no ongoing stuff v City from UEFA!
I don't know the in's and outs as I say, it bores me that type of stuff. I see it's with the PL not UEFA
Brentford and Bournemouth have a totally different mentality that’s why they don’t go down the prehistoric boring park the bus tactic that bores football fans to death . Both Brentford and Bournemouth have tiny grounds but a great atmosphere and vibe and a totally different mentality to you lot . Swallowing your managers PR bollocks that blades were 99.5% perfect is just him justifying the prehistoric park the bus tactics because he knows no other way and for that reason alone any blade fan should be concerned. Brentford beat us twice last season and we struggled against them twice the season before , they set up on the counter and never drop deep and fight to win every second ball and also have very good set piece tactics from which Toney thrives . Brentford have also started this season very well without Toney because their manager is tactically very good and gets the best from his players . Bournemouth just have a go they know they will get a thumping now and again but just take it on the chin and move on to the next game . Bournemouth never play with a deep packed defence they have found their own style and just get on with it and it serves them well . RE Forrest they have an owner who just thinks throwing money at it works ! spending £200 million on shite gets you nowhere , that joke of a football club a couple of miles from us have spent billions to tread water !
Adapt or get relegated…….. good luck !
As I said before though, Brentford have some very, very good technically gifted players that would cost a small fortune if teams want to buy those players from Brentford. They brought players in from abroad for peanuts when we were in Europe and they could do that, it would be harder to do it now if they were in the Championship but now they're in the PL they can buy better players who are internationals or players from leagues which are eligible. However, either way, Brentford are some way ahead of us in terms of their quality.

Bournemouth have spent some serious money of late as pointed out by another Blade, they may be a small club but not in terms of their transfer fees spent. If they or anyone else had our squad and budget, I can't see any other way to play than "parking the bus" as people call it. When anyone says we should have come out more as then we scored, I'd counter that with we scored because City made an error and gifted us possession in a very dangerous area, and as I said if we commit more men forward then you need very good players to keep the ball and get around City, if not you lose it and it's one nil.

It comes across from many on here that you want entertainment as any fan does but playing teams that park the bus ruins your day out, well if you win what's the issue!? I don't agree that we'd do better playing more attacking as I say, I think we'd have lost by more. When it's nil-nil it makes sense to park the bus to an extent because we've got something to hold onto, we were hardly ever likely to win, a draw is like a win. We're not going to agree on this, I think your attempts to say other teams beat City by playing more attacking are not comparable to our budget and quality of players at the present. I'm not saying we're crap, but we're not at Brentford's level at all and Bournemouth are going to be in the mix down the bottom I'm fairly sure of that. Both of those teams have had players who can keep the ball/move the ball/ run with the ball and trouble even the better teams in the league. We're just promoted and have lost our best two players, if we tried to play like Brentford we'd have given away possession in dangerous areas.
German model, do us a favour. Leverages purchase or owner investment model for your new owner?
What we get as new owners doesn't replicate what I want though. I want something not just for my club, but the league as a whole, that is totally different to the PL model in terms of how it is run, what we end up with at United ownership wise who knows but that's not my point.

I agree on Brentford, a great scouting system and done fantastic. Bournemouth have spent huge sums and still struggles to stay up (as I said earlier whenever I see them I find them quite a cynical team). We do need to become more attack minded (not too much), but given the pre season we have had it may take a bit of time. How about if you give us Mcatee, we promise not to park the bus at he Etihad?!
You could definitely benefit from McAtee. Your players defended brilliantly yesterday and almost got away with it but you need to score goals too. You open up too much and you'll be put away by a majority of the teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.