Sheffield United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

IMG-0137.jpg
Dear match day wankers,
This one is for you .

Grumpy new year to you all.
Cheers

Oh Christ don't remind me of that afternoon. In all honesty on that occasion it looked like the players just downed tools cos of the Sven situation.
Totally agree it ruins it but, as stated elsewhere, times and managerial styles change (in this case not for the better)

Or downed tools to get the Europa spot after Dunne red card

I don’t get the criticisms, this was an efficient victory, a clean sheet, three points, two great goals, no apparent injuries, and just two points within the lead halfway through the season. We have also scored more goals than anyone else this season, not to mention the fact that we have secured the five biggest trophies in the calendar year of 2023, and Julian Alvarez also has a World Cup Winners medal from just before last Christmas. Also Kev and John out most of this season. Some idiots on here need to look at themselves in the mirror.

IMG-20231231-WA0007.jpg

It takes two to make a game. A limited Sheffield Utd knew their best bet was to follow the Crystal Palace template, & so the game panned out. We were literally trying to penetrate a 5-5-0 10 man defence.

This is the type of match we've just got to win, move on & forget about. Both City & Sheffield have a different set of worries & aims for the season, & SU probably viewed this game as a free hit, where they were expected to leave pointless anyway.

Rodri controlled the game & his powerful run, shot & goal was reminiscent of Yaya in his prime.

I liked the Akanji/Aké partnership. They looked secure & added to our general build up play.

Grealish started OK, but started to make several errant passes as the furst half wore on, so it came as little surprise when Pep hooked him early in the second half. He's had a shit week because of the burglary, so it's understandable that he wasn't quite on it.

IMG-20231231-WA0008.jpg

The more I see of Bobb, the more he looks like he belongs at this level. He made a difference when he came on, & we posed a bigger danger. His defence splitting pass leading to Foden's cross & Julian's goal, took out 4 players in one move. It was David Silva-esque!

Foden is making a nice habit of becoming my MoTM, & I couldn't be happier these performances are coming from a Manchester City Academy product. It flies in the face of those who still accuse us of buying success.

It was a welcomed & precious 3 points, leading to a relatively light January where we can rest, recuperate & hopefully welcome back King Kev, The Viking, Boulders & Count Doku. )(

Reactions: OB1
I enjoyed yesterday it was pressure free because SU couldn't be arsed going past the half way line, felt like a friendly against a not very good side after 60 mins.

The only downer was the shit trains again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.