Sheffield United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

One of our best performances of the season. Some of the football we were playing in the second half was incredible.

Say what you want about the opposition but we've had some shit performances against shit teams this season.

We frustrated the fuck out of them in the first half and then had them on the ropes all the way through the second.

Good to see Rodri back to his best after a below par performance against Everton. With him and Phil pulling the strings as they are we can beat anyone, and once KDB, Erling and Doku are all back no one can stop us. 2 points off the top half way through the season is a great place to be when we’ve been missing key players most weeks.

I know you've been going to games for years.
I know you've seen some of the dross served up at Maine Road and the City of Manchester/Etihad.
Teams outside the top 6/7 just aren't going to try and play at our place - it's damage limitation - especially when you're fighting to stay up.
That's SUCCESS
We have been dross at times , but i cannot recall our team going away to big clubs with zero ambition with the only intention of keeping the score respectable , we always had attacking intent , ive been to Klanfield and watched us concede six goals the swamp and concede five goals , Middlesbrough concede eight goals , but we didnt go to those grounds and put ten men behind the ball.
Agree our success breeds fear in clubs when they play us , but it does ruin football games as a spectacle

We have been dross at times , but i cannot recall our team going away to big clubs with zero ambition with the only intention of keeping the score respectable , we always had attacking intent , ive been to Klanfield and watched us concede six goals the swamp and concede five goals , Middlesbrough concede eight goals , but we didnt go to those grounds and put ten men behind the ball.
Agree our success breeds fear in clubs when they play us , but it does ruin football games as a spectacle

Times change and football “evolves”. I recall teams being defensive but this low block, parking the bus approach seems to be more prevalent than it once was.

City have never really been that kind of team and it is very much not what our supporters want. Mind you, the football we play is some way removed from the Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Marsh stuff I grew up on.

I think some of our supporters still struggle with the way Pep has his team play the game but it is leading the development of a City way and hopefully building the foundations on which a lasting identity and dynasty can be built.

Sadly City’s success means that most teams have the objective of trying to contain City and hoping to capitalise on a mistake, set piece or counter attack.

The way in which City can control games also simply pushes many inferior teams back.

Yesterday, I was happy to watch City pass and probe and patiently wait for their moments. The most exciting games are where both teams have the ball and try to attack when they do but I am with Pep in not liking the opposition to have the ball.

Times change and football “evolves”. I recall teams being defensive but this low block, parking the bus approach seems to be more prevalent than it once was.

City have never really been that kind of team and it is very much not what our supporters want. Mind you, the football we play is some way removed from the Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Marsh stuff I grew up on.

I think some of our supporters still struggle with the way Pep has his team play the game but it is leading the development of a City way and hopefully building the foundations on which a lasting identity and dynasty can be built.

Sadly City’s success means that most teams have the objective of trying to contain City and hoping to capitalise on a mistake, set piece or counter attack.

The way in which City can control games also simply pushes many inferior teams back.

Yesterday, I was happy to watch City pass and probe and patiently wait for their moments. The most exciting games are where both teams have the ball and try to attack when they do but I am with Pep in not liking the opposition to have the ball.
Totally agree, let’s just be thankful the keeper can’t pick the ball up when it’s passed back by the defenders these days …!! That’s was the dippers stock in trade in the 70’s..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.