Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the team chosen will be very much a second string.Pep commented in his interview last night about how little time there was between the Bayern game and the semi final. He will be very conscious of injury prevention. I'd be surprised if many of yesterdays starters play against Sheffield. Maybe Akanji as he missed most of the Southampton game.

Sheffield themselves may want to rest key players ahead of West Brom they absolutely need promotion. though with four days between matches they may not.
Some of the players looked tired last night, expect a number of changes with KDB, Rodri, Haaland and Grealish rested with Arsenal in mind.

I'd rest a lot of key players but i'd start Haaland as it's at Wembley, i'm not sure if he's ever played there.

The squad needs to be used and with Ake injured we need to see what we have in Gomez imo.

No disrespect to them, but this team should be able to beat Sheff united

Ortega

Walker
 Stones
Laporte
Gomez

Mahrez
Phillips
Bernardo
Foden

Haaland
Alvarez

Brings me back to my point of our squad depth being an absolute nonsense myth. Massive drop off in quality when we have to rest players. Gomez and Phillip's wouldn't start for sheff utd
Whereas our squad depth is a bit of a myth . Our squad players would comfortably get into a SU team, as is demonstrated by two players who are there but not ready for our squad.
The idea that a current England international wouldn't start is clear nonsense.
Where they do have the advantage over our squad players is they have been playing together as a unit for a full season., whereas most of our squad players see little competitive football and less when playing together.
This will be the problem we have, not the quality of individuals.

Not sure where this belongs so here go’s…

Driving down on saturday with my 10 year old daughter. Park out of london and tube in to wembley. Probs the jubilee line and probs park in stanmore

Question… is there anywhere nice that i can hop off the tube for scran before hopping back on and hitting wembley. Dont really want a chain restaurant on a retail park.

Summat … nice … for the 2 of us.

There are a few Sheffield United fans at my work and they are not confident in the slightest. They say they will miss the two City boys on loan too much to put up a real fight without them.

I told them if Kalvin Phillips plays they will have a chance whatever team they put out!

500+ showing now, no idea why city are adding and the taking away seats.

There are a few Sheffield United fans at my work and they are not confident in the slightest. They say they will miss the two City boys on loan too much to put up a real fight without them.

I told them if Kalvin Phillips plays they will have a chance whatever team they put out!
Makes me wonder if players like Phillips look at this forum because if he did, even if played, his confidence would be so low! He hasn’t actually done anything wrong for us and people are slating him like he’s some bloke we picked off the street to be in our squad. We paid 40 mil for a reason. If he had a run in the team I have no doubt he would shine. Trouble is Rodri is just a rolls Royce of a defensive mid!

Makes me wonder if players like Phillips look at this forum because if he did, even if played, his confidence would be so low! He hasn’t actually done anything wrong for us and people are slating him like he’s some bloke we picked off the street to be in our squad. We paid 40 mil for a reason. If he had a run in the team I have no doubt he would shine. Trouble is Rodri is just a rolls Royce of a defensive mid!
He keeps getting picked for England too and even though he'd hardly played he did alright against Italy, so he should be good enough for Sheff utd!

Let him start and get into the rhythm of the game and see how he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.