Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second string to start first string on the bench and fingers crossed we don’t need them.

Want to win but if going out means we beat Arsenal I’d take it.

Doesn't work like that I'm afraid. I'm actually more inclined to believe that the feelgood factor of getting to another F.A. Cup final — and we haven't been in that many, after all — will feed into the Arsenal game.

That was different. Was our only chance at a trophy at that point in that season season.

This season we have bigger fish to fry. I want to win another Fa cup as much as anyone but we've already lost Ake and on balance this is our best chance to rest some players. And we need to because they looked fucking knackered.

Brings me back to my point of our squad depth being an absolute nonsense myth. Massive drop off in quality when we have to rest players. Gomez and Phillip's wouldn't start for sheff utd

I think it will be a good time to rotate, if Erling and some senior players want to start so be it.

Personally I start a 4 2 3 1 formation......get Walker, Laporte, Mahrez ,Alvarez,Lewis,Foden (if availible),Phillips...starts,Erling up front for 70 mins.

If anyone Can screw us over Atwell Cann
I think Attwell is paying a price for his incompetence. He was dropped last week, and while a cup semi final might seem like a big game, he was probably nailed on for the final. Not now. And definitely not if it's us and the filth, after his nonsense at the swamp. Most likely Paul Tierney for that.

Doesn't work like that I'm afraid. I'm actually more inclined to believe that the feelgood factor of getting to another F.A. Cup final — and we haven't been in that many, after all — will feed into the Arsenal game.

The feelgood factor would disappear if a key player like Dias, Rodri, KDB, Haaland suffered an injury. Our players ran nearly 122 km in the first leg vs Bayern and 118 km last night. That's a lot! Risking injuries before Arsenal and Mardid wouldn't be smart.

I wonder how Sheffield United will approach this ?
I watched them play Cardiff and maybe my blue eyes saw McAtee and Doyle as their best players.
There’s two changes but they have not got promotion yet. Will they still go as strong as possible bearing who they are playing ?

Now I'm a bit torn with the selection for this. On one hand I'm going and taking my daughter for her 1st ever trip to Wembley so would love us to go strong. However the pragmatic side of my brain is screaming ARSENAL IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT, MAKE 11 CHANGES, PLAY THE KITMAN IF WE HAVE TO. So I'm not sure really....
You do know our recent semi final record in the FA Cup?
Making multiple changes will lead to problems, just look at the 2nd half vs Leicester.
The strength in depth strength is a myth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.