Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm a bit torn with the selection for this. On one hand I'm going and taking my daughter for her 1st ever trip to Wembley so would love us to go strong. However the pragmatic side of my brain is screaming ARSENAL IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT, MAKE 11 CHANGES, PLAY THE KITMAN IF WE HAVE TO. So I'm not sure really....

Saturday is the perfect time to rest key players. We have had serious tough draws in all competitions this season, We have a Championship side in the Semi Final of the FA Cup in between Bayern Munich and Arsenal so we have to take advantage of it and rest players for Arsenal on Wednesday.

If we make 6/7 changes to the team that played last night it should still be more than good enough to beat Sheffield United.

I probably sound like an arrogant twat, But it's true.

Its not that simple though.

While changing players on paper looks great,and the individual quality looks to be better,we will be playing a team of 11 who have no practice time/cohesion between them while up against a well oiled top of the Championship team out to make a name for themselves in the game of their lives.

Making too many changes is a massive banana skin,as we found out in the League Cup.

• View Profile
xx.gif

Re: Emirates FA Cup - 2022/2023

« Reply #172 on: Tue 18 Apr 2023 09:45 »

Semi Finals at Wembley Stadium

Sat 22nd Apr 2023
Manchester City FC (First Team) v Sheffield United FC (First Team) Live on ITV1
FA Cup
Referee: Attwell, Stuart
Assistant Referee: Betts, Lee
Assistant Referee: Cann, Darren
Fourth Official: Gillett, Jarred
Reserve Assistant Referee: Robathan, Daniel
Video Assistant Referee: Harrington, Tony
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Massey-Ellis, Sian

Sun 23rd Apr 2023
Brighton & Hove Albion FC (First Team) v Manchester United FC (First Team) Live on BBC One
FA Cup
Referee: Pawson, Craig
Assistant Referee: Hussin, Ian
Assistant Referee: Perry, Marc
Fourth Official: Jones, Robert
Reserve Assistant Referee: Meredith, Steven
Video Assistant Referee: Oliver, Michael
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Wilkes, Matthew
If anyone Can screw us over Atwell Cann

• View Profile
xx.gif

Re: Emirates FA Cup - 2022/2023

« Reply #172 on: Tue 18 Apr 2023 09:45 »

Semi Finals at Wembley Stadium

Sat 22nd Apr 2023
Manchester City FC (First Team) v Sheffield United FC (First Team) Live on ITV1
FA Cup
Referee: Attwell, Stuart
Assistant Referee: Betts, Lee
Assistant Referee: Cann, Darren
Fourth Official: Gillett, Jarred
Reserve Assistant Referee: Robathan, Daniel
Video Assistant Referee: Harrington, Tony
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Massey-Ellis, Sian

Sun 23rd Apr 2023
Brighton & Hove Albion FC (First Team) v Manchester United FC (First Team) Live on BBC One
FA Cup
Referee: Pawson, Craig
Assistant Referee: Hussin, Ian
Assistant Referee: Perry, Marc
Fourth Official: Jones, Robert
Reserve Assistant Referee: Meredith, Steven
Video Assistant Referee: Oliver, Michael
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Wilkes, Matthew
Stuart f*****g Atwell, the bent twat!

.............Ortega......
Walker...Akanji...Dias...Lewis
.......Phillips...Gundo..
..............Phil...........
Mahrez......Alvarez....Palmer

Can't afford to risk Laporte or Stones now Ake is injured.

Palmer played wide in the Cup game against Liverpool and it would not surprise me here.
I'd rather risk Laporte than Dias but get your point.

A decade, not decades! We were last at an FA cup semi in 2014, and a League cup semi in 2015. This will be our 5th FA cup semi since 1993, which isn’t bad for a club of our wayward form.
I’ll stop talking there as we have lost them all, plus two League cup semi finals and countless play off finals!
But you are right, it is a free hit. We are as good as promoted already, and on our day can be excellent (we can be terrible too but tend to win this season when we are at our worst), but no Blade in their right mind thinks we can win this.
Looking forward to it, hope it’s a good atmosphere and we keep it to below 5 goals. For me it’s great to be going to Wembley with my 15 year old to see our team for the first time, and he is buzzing to see the likes of Haaland in the flesh.

My mistake, didn't realise you'd been in an F.A. Cup semi that recently. And I had no idea you'd been in that many since 1993.
Must have been thinking of Spurs.
If by some miracle you do go through against us, do that lot from Trafford Park, and do them good, will you? That is, if they get through against BHA, which is by no means a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.