Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To play a virtual 2nd string side against 2nd in the championship is a risky strategy. The same team that started against Burnley would be better, but starting Phillips, Palmer, Gomez etc would make it a very tight game

I'm going off who was on the bench on Wed, so for me I think we'll see Walker, Foden(if fit) Laporte, Ortega in net, Mahrez and Alvarez, maybe even Rico. I then think he'll play 4 or 5 players from Wed whom he thinks isn't as tired as others. Not sure if he trusts Phillips, that Leicester game could of opened Peps eyes big time. Now, I never usually try n guess a City team because its akin to picking the super 6, but I thought a few players looked a bit jaded on Wednesday and don't need another game before the big one next week. Ideally, no Kev or Haaland and I'd say Rodders, but I just don't think he trusts Phillips. So now go and watch Pep play his strongest 11. :)

I can’t see Haaland not playing. First opportunity at Wembley with his boyhood team? I think he’ll start and come off if and when the ‘city are cruising starter pack’ is needed. (Phillips, Gomez and Palmer)

To play a virtual 2nd string side against 2nd in the championship is a risky strategy. The same team that started against Burnley would be better, but starting Phillips, Palmer, Gomez etc would make it a very tight game
I wouldn't have Gomez anywhere near the team Fordy. The guy looks a major liability at the moment. Palmer hasn't taken his chances this season so a season on loan beckons(but still a big talent) and like I said in previous post, does Pep trust Phillips enough ? I think he's damned if does and damned if he doesn't with tomorrow's line up.

Only changes to this line-up would be moving Foden into the front three (replacing Palmer) and Gundog coming into midfield...

Palmer and Gomez can come on in the last 20-30 mins IF going well.
Fazzakerley.
Palmer and Gomez too big a risk even against Sheff U.
Bit of a stretch even in the last 20-30 mins as was demonstrated against Leicester.

Ortega

Lewis
Dias
Akanji
Walker

Gundo

Bernardo
KDB

Mahrez
Foden
Alvarez

Good mix there I think. Gundo has done a good job of being the deep lying playmaker in the past, gives Rodders a rest. Ideally would want Phillips coming in but just don't think Pep will trust him from the start.

Bring Foden in if fit to get him some minutes, gives Jack a rest as he's been playing pretty much every minute lately.

KDB off for Phillips at half time when hopefully we are 2 up, swap Gundo and Phillips around.

Would prefer a bit more rotation but don't want us to fuck this up and feel Pep will go somewhat strong.

Ortega

Lewis
Dias
Akanji
Walker

Gundo

Bernardo
KDB

Mahrez
Foden
Alvarez

Good mix there I think. Gundo has done a good job of being the deep lying playmaker in the past, gives Rodders a rest. Ideally would want Phillips coming in but just don't think Pep will trust him from the start.

Bring Foden in if fit to get him some minutes, gives Jack a rest as he's been playing pretty much every minute lately.

KDB off for Phillips at half time when hopefully we are 2 up, swap Gundo and Phillips around.

Would prefer a bit more rotation but don't want us to fuck this up and feel Pep will go somewhat strong.
Philips has to start.

I'd say Ortega, Walker, Laporte, Mahrez and Alvarez are certain for this one. Not sure about the rest. Suspect he'll start Haaland again in the hope he bags one or two and goes off at half time. Hopefully Foden can start. Definitely a worry if Philips starts because there's every chance we could witness another horror show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.