Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Risky but is expect wholsale changes for this one , which will make the game a much closer contest , the Blades will be missing McAtee & Doyle who have been influential for them , but we have bigger fish to fry , which sounds very Raggish but the game against the Goons is the priority

ORTEGA

WALKER , DIAS , LAPORTE , RICO

BERNARDO , PHILLIPS , FODEN

MAHREZ , ALAVAREZ , PALMER

include Gomez & Perrone on the bench , the likes of Phillips and Palmer need to step up and show their worth no bigger occasion than a match at Wembley , like thousands of other Blues ,Saturday will cost me the thick end of £200 for the day , so we also want a decent performance from some of our fringe players.

Watched Sheff U a few times this season (F-I-Law is a fan) and their defence is dogshit. A mix of City first team and backup will waltz through. I'm expecting 1-0 HT, 4-0 FT and no sweat broken.

Shame McAtee and Doyle can't get the experience but their absence is really damaging for Sheffield.

Personal request from the wife, who is making a rare appearance at a City game, she's not done a Poznan yet so can we get one going when the game is finished as a contest.

Risky but is expect wholsale changes for this one , which will make the game a much closer contest , the Blades will be missing McAtee & Doyle who have been influential for them , but we have bigger fish to fry , which sounds very Raggish but the game against the Goons is the priority

ORTEGA

WALKER , DIAS , LAPORTE , RICO

BERNARDO , PHILLIPS , FODEN

MAHREZ , ALAVAREZ , PALMER

include Gomez & Perrone on the bench , the likes of Phillips and Palmer need to step up and show their worth no bigger occasion than a match at Wembley , like thousands of other Blues ,Saturday will cost me the thick end of £200 for the day , so we also want a decent performance from some of our fringe players.
Only changes to this line-up would be moving Foden into the front three (replacing Palmer) and Gundog coming into midfield...

Palmer and Gomez can come on in the last 20-30 mins IF going well.

Full strength team, with only changes made to players with knocks. Get ahead by a margin and only then should Rodri, KDB and others be taken off for rest.

We looked like we had “called it” a little early against Leicester, and we cannot afford to do that in an FA Cup Semi-Final, which has been an Achilles heel game recently.

The players don’t need “training” at this stage of the season, they need science-based recuperation and I think Weds-Sat is enough for most to get it.

No hiding for anyone now. This is where you earn your crust and there is LOTS of bread on the table!

Starting line up against Burnley.

Ortega, Laporte, Dias, Walker, Lewis, Rodri, de Druyne, Alvarez, Mahrez, Foden, Haalannd.

Subs used from 63mins onwards - Akanji, Gomez, Phillips, Grealish, Palmer.

Stones now available, Pep is not going to want to lose yet another FA Cup semi. The fittest players will start this game and I expect Haaland and Grealish to be on the team sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.