Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck everyone hope you all have a fantastic day, I'm watching this one on catch up in Spain,fingers crossed I'm actual flyng out while this one is being played, stay safe.

Loud Proud Loyal, Come on City!!!!

We will have a much weakened team with a very strong bench I reckon.

It will be a risky game for us I think. One where we might have battle. I hope not, we have bigger fish to fry.

Starting line up against Burnley.

Ortega, Laporte, Dias, Walker, Lewis, Rodri, de Druyne, Alvarez, Mahrez, Foden, Haalannd.

Subs used from 63mins onwards - Akanji, Gomez, Phillips, Grealish, Palmer.

Stones now available, Pep is not going to want to lose yet another FA Cup semi. The fittest players will start this game and I expect Haaland and Grealish to be on the team sheet.
Yes hopefully the subs will be gradually introduced not en masse.
I would like to see the spine rested Eddy, Ruben, Rodri and Erling.
Maybe
Ortega, Walker, Stones, Akanji, Laporte,
Phillips, Silva, Gundogan,Mahrez, Alvarez, Palmer.
Would include Sir Phillip to start but maybe too soon?

Fazzakerley.
Palmer and Gomez too big a risk even against Sheff U.
Bit of a stretch even in the last 20-30 mins as was demonstrated against Leicester.
I guess it depends on your definition of "going well". Mine is that we are 3 or 4 goals up with 20 mins to play...

Greatest chance of injury to a player is in the last 20-30 mins so if comfortable I suggest we should use the bench a little.

If Phillips isn’t selected, then maybe best for both parties to agree it’s not worked out
Problem is, we’re a Rodri injury away from a potential disastrous season end, but Pep has to play him as he clearly doesn’t think Kalvin is up to task

What happened in the end regarding Doyle and McAtee? I know they’re ineligible but I remember seeing a quote from the blades manager saying they would be speaking to City about it. Not seen anything since so I’d imagine they can’t play still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.