Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those players last night will be knackered physically and mentally! I feel pep will make a lot of changes just hope they are up to it..

The team is good enough

________ortega__________

Walker__dias_laporte__lewis

Mahrez_palmer_philips_gomes

______foden__Alverez_______
Don’t think you will be far wrong with that starting 11. Foden even if he is not fully match fit will cause the Blades problems.

I really want him to do well as he seems a decent lad and has been unlucky with injuries.

But I would be concerned if Phillips starts. This is a free hit for Sheff Utd and they have nothing to lose. The one thing they will have energy and Phillips does not have this (yet)

But I take the point that Rodri can’t play all the time.

Think I’ll let Pep pick the team.

The lads will be running on adrenaline now and will all want to play on saturday as its a semi final and at wembley! A few changes but lets not fuck this up and changes can be made if we get a few ahead.

Ortega
walker
akanji
laporte
gomez
rodri
gundogan
de bruyne
foden
mahrez
haaland

The lads will be running on adrenaline now and will all want to play on saturday as its a semi final and at wembley! A few changes but lets not fuck this up and changes can be made if we get a few ahead.

Ortega
walker
akanji
laporte
gomez
rodri
gundogan
de bruyne
foden
mahrez
haaland

Sorry, but I wouldn't have Gomez in under any circumstance. Rúben has been out for a large chunk of the season: he shouldn't be tired, and he doesn't look tired. Laporte playing on the left. Our defence will be fine. Ortega's a better shot stopper than Ed (although Ed's been better on that count recently).
Agree with all the rest but I think I'd start Álvarez (maybe bring the Viking into proceedings later, to keep him sharp) — he is a World Cup winner, after all, and he hasn't looked too shabby to me.
Kev and Gundo will be raring to play, and it's difficult to keep them out. Take them off some time in the second half, if things are going well. And not both at once.

Need to rest key players, think teams pretty much picks itself tbh,

Ortega

Walker
akanji
laporte
lewis

phillips
foden
gundogan

mahrez
alvarez
palmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.