Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I wouldn't have Gomez in under any circumstance. Rúben has been out for a large chunk of the season: he shouldn't be tired, and he doesn't look tired. Laporte playing on the left. Our defence will be fine. Ortega's a better shot stopper than Ed (although Ed's been better on that count recently).
Agree with all the rest but I think I'd start Álvarez (maybe bring the Viking into proceedings later, to keep him sharp) — he is a World Cup winner, after all, and he hasn't looked too shabby to me.

Rico could play left back? i would rather us go out to get ah ead and then make changes than have to bring players on if we are behind mate.

Rico could play left back? i would rather us go out to get ah ead and then make changes than have to bring players on if we are behind mate.
Was thinking the same, think Rico played LB recently, either that or memory has gone.

Was thinking the same, think Rico played LB recently, either that or memory has gone.

Rather Rico than Gomez, any day. Can he really play on that side? Have we seen it?

I would say that Ortega, Walker, Laporte, Alvarez & Mahrez will definitely come in for this one.
Gomez & Lewis a maybe.
Palmer and Phillips even less maybe.
Foden is a probably not i suppose, at this stage.

Pep is always a next game in front of you sort of man, and this is a semi final as well, but that game in Germany and Arsenal on the horizon are undeniably influential. I'm going to stick my neck out;

Ortega
Walker - Dias - Laporte - Lewis (some sort of DM/LB role)
Silva - Phillips
Mahrez - Gundogan - Grealish
Alvarez

Ortega

Walker
Akanji
Laporte

Lewis
Phillips

Mahrez
Kdb
Bernardo
Alvarez

Haaland

Let's get it right we are playing a championship team without 2 of there best players who will also sit very deep and play counter attack football this team should be more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.