Sheffield Utd (A) post match thread

Nervy as hell second half but job done. This season every time we take the lead we settle into this slow training ground keep ball routine. I understand conserving energy given the schedule but it’s incredibly dangerous with such a narrow lead and when we do concede we don’t seem to have the ability to step it up again.

Take a clean sheet and the defence looks a lot more solid but still plenty of issues in our play, city of 2/3 years ago wins that by 4 or 5
I think we’re conditioned to be nervous because of the one chance one goal conceded thing that’d been going on but if we start become more solid it’ll relax a lot of us because we’ll have faith in the defence again

There is no joy in that City squad. Certainly no joy watching them. I enjoyed the Pearce days more that this. And I'm not joking. Give me Vassell and Cole over Sterling and Mahrez. Or
Bosvelt over Rodri. We are awful. Something needs to change. Probably the only change is me walking away finally.

You’re either on the wind up or you’re an idiot if you prefer the Pearce days. This City team only seems boring now because of the standards we’ve set since Pep arrived.

Thought we were very good in the first half and even though we didn’t click on the second half we look so much better defensively. That was a really important 3 points and considering how stuttering our form has been, we are right in the mix still.

What we really need is to start being more clinical around the box. How many times did we get in great positions and totally waste it, maybe because we are playing without a forward, but we really need to start more ruthless otherwise teams will punish us.

Take that any day of the week.1-0 win away, clean sheet for eddie,defence looked rarely troubled and no fresh injuries by the look of it.
Hopefully the players will gain more confidence from the fact we have now kept two consecutive clean sheets.
Roll on Tuesday.

I don’t give a flying fuck how we played, how they played, tactics, strategy, MOTM or any of that shit. I want to reach through the screen and strangle Michael Oliver. Four cards? Five cards? Kicking our players. Sweeping them out. Keeper time wasting until we scored. They know we have no striker, and no Ferny to give a sharp slap back. So pull, clatter, smash and whack anyone who could score, or our CBs. And keep doing it, because there are no consequences. Glad we won but other sides will look at that and just try to batter us physically, especially if Oliver’s running the match.
That challenge in the first minute on Dias was an indication on what was to come. I don’t even think we got a free kick. A good ref would have stopped the nonsense with a nearly yellow, most would give a foul, a bias official would ignore it and continue to do so for 90 minutes.

A little mystified by the negativity on here. We were away at the Hammer, then less than 72 hours later were away in Marseille, win convincingly keep a clean. Travel back and away to a very physical team with a know enemy officiating, win and clean sheet. We go again Tuesday and the dipper scum next weekend. We have played without a recognised striker, makeshift left backs and with a decent defender unable to contribute till today.
Our finishing was the issue.

Last edited:
Another piss poor performance but at least we have the 3 points. Our attack is concerning, considering how we barely put chances together.
Disagree - a great result at a difficult place to win. We were solid and the movement of all apart from one was good. They worked very hard and we should be pleased at the win. Only Mahrez was pants so I think you're way off with your summary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.