Sheffield Utd (A) post match thread

Rodri is very nice sat in front of the Dias and Laporte. Also we are suddenly physically imposing again which is why Sheffield didn’t try pumping the ball forward till the last 10 mins. Basically with those 3 you ain’t wining much in the air. Which totally takes away a dimension of how to damage us. If you are camping deep your plan is to break on us.. being inferior in the air basically halves your options.

A much needed 3 points ahead of Lpool and Spurs. I still felt we moved the ball too slowly but we did create enough chances today which makes a change from some other games this season. Mahrez should be on the bench for both of the next two - B.Silva on the right and Foden in the middle and I think we’ll notice the difference. The back 4 looks more solid than it has in years.

Beat Liverpool and I think we’ll have turned the corner and start to play with our confidence again, there are signs of it creeping back in.
Cant agree with Foden in midfield if thats whay you’re arguing for. he was a headless chicken against Leeds and lacks positional maturity for the role. Ultimately i think he’s a forward and not the david silva replacement we want him to be

There is no joy in that City squad. Certainly no joy watching them. I enjoyed the Pearce days more that this. And I'm not joking. Give me Vassell and Cole over Sterling and Mahrez. Or
Bosvelt over Rodri. We are awful. Something needs to change. Probably the only change is me walking away finally.

Good riddance with that attitude. Wow
Some have forgotten how good we have it

There is no joy in that City squad. Certainly no joy watching them. I enjoyed the Pearce days more that this. And I'm not joking. Give me Vassell and Cole over Sterling and Mahrez. Or
Bosvelt over Rodri. We are awful. Something needs to change. Probably the only change is me walking away finally.
d91.gif

3 points is all that matters.

Pep got lucky today,waited far too long to make changes,

Mahrez kills this side.

Sorry....I just dont see what he offers this team.

He has no redeeming qualities.

Always has to take on 6 players looking to make a chance for himself,then realises he has fucked up,lashes the Ball to no one.
Mahrez put in his usual selfish, lacklustre performance nothing new.

Good win, but I’m really not happy with Mahrez. Extremely selfish, never letting go of the ball, sloppy. Foden should play ahead of him on the wing. He ruins too many chances for us. Sterling need to learn how to look up as well.

Selfish players is one of the worst things I know.

Foden - Jesus - Torres should be our front three until Sterling and Mahrez learn a thing or two.
Mahrez wasn't great, but Sterling was excellent particularly in the first half created some great opportunities for Torres and started the move for the goal.

Looks like we're on top of the defensive and midfield issues. Now it's just our profligacy in front of goal Pep needs to sort out. We're one striker away from winning the title I reckon.

We have been shit before but its more frustrating these days because of the quality of players that we have bought in and the money paid for and to them.

If Reyna made a cap pass we understood. When KDB does it over and over and over its a bit rich.

Call it spoiled if you like but imo we've lost whatever it was that pulled us in before. Its now hard work to watch.

All I'm asking for really is some better decision making, concentration and teamwork.
It’s hard to watch a team trying to break down a team not interested in playing football for 90 mins .
That isn’t City’s fault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.