Sheffield Utd (A) post match thread

Well last season we didn’t grind out 0-1 wins nearly enough, but we weren’t good

Sheffield United don't concede goals, I read that in 45 Premier league games they've only conceded more than 2 goals in 3 matches - and one of those was a 3-3 draw.

And we don't have a striker!

I thought we played well, created a lot of chances, Ramsdale kept them in it, and we were solid at the back.

Made harder work of that than it should have been. We missed numerous chances first half but worse was the amount of simple chances we should have created but for poor decision making and execution, especially from Mahrez, De Bruyne and Sterling.

Good signs though, especially first half, and we played some lovely stuff at times against a tricky opponent. We tired 2nd half and probably should have made the substitutions a bit earlier.

3 good points though and we look a bit more like our usual selves in the last couple of games.

Not good slagging our own players but Mahrez is so fucking frustrating a player.

All the ability but no brain is seems. Pep is too tolerant with his performances imo.

Yes, I’ll happily take that.

Although Sheffield United offered no great threat, its good not to shudder at every opposition attack these days.

Rodders and Cancelo = class.

There is no joy in that City squad. Certainly no joy watching them. I enjoyed the Pearce days more that this. And I'm not joking. Give me Vassell and Cole over Sterling and Mahrez. Or
Bosvelt over Rodri. We are awful. Something needs to change. Probably the only change is me walking away finally.

Positives:

Dias and Laporte. Very solid.
Walker. No words needed.
Cancelo. Getting better and better. Bye bye Mendy.
Torres' work rate and movement.

Negatives:

Mahrez. Disappointing again after working numerous opportunities to assist/score.
De Bruyne. Sloppy with key passes. Unlike him.

Overall:

An important win with a controlled performance. However, should've put it to bed earlier and not wasted lots of opportunities to do it.

We looked pretty solid defensively, they only had a couple of half chances. I thought Rodri looked much better without Gundogan next to him. I thought we were much better to watch first half than some of the other recent games, we seemed to have much more purpose with the passing. Dropped off a little bit second half but still controlled the game. Good performance overall.

I thought it was a good solid performance. Limited then to 4 attempts which is pretty good and I think that’s 3 goals conceded in 6 games now so the defence looks much better. We are clearly missing a striker but job done and two big games now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.