Sheffield Utd (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too pal and a good reminder that we cannot take our opposition for granted. Cheltenham being the most recent example of a banana skin we could have tripped up on. But that game against Bolton is etched in my memory. I can't remember any other game that we were as dominant and ended up losing the game. I came out of the stadium shaking my head in total disbelief.

Told you we played better under Pearce!!!!!

Awful memories but such an exciting game Bill. And Dunny monster made quite a lot of costly howlers, still loved him though. Not too many teams could fall in a rosebed and come out stinking of shite, but we could and did regularly for many years, hence being tagged with 'Typical City'.

Apologies for derailing thread slightly.

Yep, couldn't help but love Dunney despite his howlers. That vid reminded me that my son (who was 12 at the time and at the match with me) had 'Dunninho' on the back of his City shirt that season.
That team would most definitely have lost at Cheltenham !

Wasn't there a similar story involving sun jihai and Middlesbrough?
I could be completely wrong but I thought there was a game (some wet wintery away game) where we lost 1 nil to a team that had zero shots on goal where we had 19 or something. I seem to remember that it was Dunne again against WBA who passed back from way out and it rolled into our own net. I'm probably wrong.

----------------------Ederson-------------------
Cancelo--------Stones--------Dias--------Zinch
-------------------Fernandino---------------------
---------------Bernie----------Gundo-------------
Sibierski------------Jesus---------------Foden

I like the look of that team. Raz on the right, no FFS and Jesus upfront as he needs to find form and start scoring regularly. I wouldn't drop an in form Zinchenko for Mendy though.

I can't see Pep playing Mendy again unless he really has too. I have a feeling he may now have run his course. He was hooked at Cheltenham after a pretty mediocre performance - by no means the first this season. We look miles better down the left with Zinchy at LB. If push comes to shove I can see Pep playing Laporte there ahead of picking Mendy.

Goodness I remember that Bolton game. My son who was then 15, went absolutely spare when Bolton scored, partly/mostly because he was being heavily outumbered by Bolton fans in his class/school. Never heard him swear so much before or since.
There was a similar game against Middlesbrough in November 2003. I do not think Borough had a shot on target but won one nil thanks to an own goal by Sun Jiah. Nice goal by Sun to be fair, just at the wrong end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.