Sheffield Wednesday (A) - FA Cup R5 Post-Match Thread

Does anyone know why seemingly random rows were netted off tonight? Is it to do with the concourse capacity or something? There must have been over 1000 seats with netting and no apparent reason. It had to be a safety issue.

Does anyone know why seemingly random rows were netted off tonight? Is it to do with the concourse capacity or something? There must have been over 1000 seats with netting and no apparent reason. It had to be a safety issue.
I was sat infront of them asked a steward but he idnt seem to have an answer either.

It was stated that the capacity at Hillsborough had been reduced for safety reasons. It sounded like the stadium was falling apart in places.

Absolutely, our tempo was shocking
But I think that was on purpose. We treated the night like a 66% training session.

When you think we’ve had a run of:
Spurs a
Leicester a
Madrid a
EFL Cup final
United a
Arsenal h
Madrid h
Liverpool h
with West Ham, Burnley and Newcastle thrown in.

Tonight was a chance to give the players a run-out, a full sided training session and we won and got no new injuries.

But I think that was on purpose. We treated the night like a 66% training session.

Spurs a
Leicester a
Madrid a
EFL Cup final
United a
Arsenal h
Madrid h
Liverpool h

Tonight was a chance to give the players a run-out, a full sided training session and we won and got no new injuries.
Possibly. Maybe deliberate by the players, but I don't think Pep was too pleased.

They were well organised. It’s not easy playing against that system, I thought in the 2nd half we played well and should have scored more. Wasteful as ever.

We should be beating Newcastle.

Some good teams left in the competition.

Spurs a
Leicester a
Madrid a
EFL Cup final
United a
Arsenal h
Madrid h
Liverpool h

Perhaps I was watching a different game. In the 2nd half the tempo was fine.

First half so so, but I think the discipline and shape of wednesday surprised us.

They were very, very well drilled and defended their box excellently.

Honestly I thought we’d break them down much easier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.