Sheikh Khaled attempting to purchase Newcastle

Why are people here celebrating about getting more tougher competition in the league? My best interest is only for City and how they can win, having another team who can spend big is not in our best interests.
Don’t be like that. We must wish them well and not be like all those that try and knock us down. They are hopefully about to enjoy some bloody good times and I’m pleased for them

I think its total bullshit that this so called buyer is Sheikh Mansour cousin, the gutter press have to involve us in everything, from transfers to potential take overs.

If it is well fair enough, but in any case it would take Newcastle at least 5 years just to break top 4, nevermind winning the title.
Half brother apparently

So if this kicks into gear and wolves carry on, the Saudi's put their money into Sheffield United, we only need 2 more takeovers in the league before United are finishing bottom half.

Seriously though, imagine having a big 10 instead of a top 6. Would that be better? or would the drop from 10-11 just be 40 points and it'd lead to a split.
The day united finish one place above relegation if will be known as the big 17.

Few rumors circulating on Twitter that not all is that it seems with this, be interesting to see how it plays out.

Same father, different mother.
It's very common in the region.
And in Newcastle.
There was some confusion last night they were cousins but because the family is so vast it does seem they are brothers. Not sure how this bodes for related party conflict but you can bet your arse sheikh mansour will give his brother all the wisdom and knowledge he’s obtained from his experiences with us and dealing with UEFA etc

I’m hoping this is a statement of power by the UAE. Hopefully and certainly separate competitive entities but a massive step towards solidarity in fighting the sanctions and well all the arseholes out to get us

If this deal goes through Newcastle can avoid all the traps we fell into when first starting out

There was some confusion last night they were cousins but because the family is so vast it does seem they are brothers. Not sure how this bodes for related party conflict but you can bet your arse sheikh mansour will give his brother all the wisdom and knowledge he’s obtained from his experiences with us and dealing with UEFA etc

I’m hoping this is a statement of power by the UAE. Hopefully and certainly separate competitive entities but a massive step towards solidarity in fighting the sanctions and well all the arseholes out to get us

If this deal goes through Newcastle can avoid all the traps we fell into when first starting out

I’m sure Khaldoun will be more than happy to impart some advice to his counterpart at St. James' Park, should the deal go through.

RedCafe reaction:
This is why I've lost interest in the game. I still follow it because I'm old enough that I've been following football for decades. But the game means very little to me now. It is absolutely soulless, and arguably it has even gone beyond that, and is to some degree culpable in human rights issues. None of the clubs have any identity now, very few of the big clubs are even partially owned by people resident in the same country, and most other clubs only exist to provide opposition, they can't ever hope to achieve anything.

When Newcastle are owned by the Emirati royal family, apart from the fact that they probably won't change the kit (although this can't be guaranteed!), how can the supporters in any meaningful sense continue to claim that they support Newcastle? Every penny is going straight to the United Arab Emirates, doubtless there will be a playing squad comprised of players who couldn't point to Newcastle on a map. And yet the local press is so desperate for it to happen that they're already trying to sugarcoat this guy.

And you can't really blame them because this is Newcastle's only hope of competing. I heard a journalist on the radio the other day, responding to completely accurate criticism of City. And he acknowledged that it was all accurate, but then also, quite rightly, said that without what has happened at City it would have completely impossible for them to ever compete in a sustained fashion. That's the world we're in now, you either get bought out by a morally dubious oil-rich royal family, or you might as well not bother fulfilling your fixtures.

I don't see how in that context football can mean anything to anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.