Sheikh Khaled attempting to purchase Newcastle

We seem to have had some great games against Newcastle over the years and ive always found them to be passionate and loyal, i was at the 5-0 defeat at St James Park in the eighties which wasnt much fun apart from the banter in the pub afterwards. It was a season they were promoted and we finished 4th and missed out if i recall correctly.

All clubs suffered poor attendances in the eighties compared to today, even us. We averaged less than 20,000 ourselves one season in the second division- think that was 1988. For a club that hasnt won a major trophy since beating us in the 1955 Cup Final the support they get is fantastic really, one team city or not. I just hope they dont think it will be easy and happen overnight because it wont, it will be hard because of FFP, more clubs with serious cash and the fact many players dont want to live so close to the Artic!

Good luck to them, hope they get a day in the sun like we have.

this bitter twat is going to have to eat his words truly unbelievable the crap that is coming out of his mouth ?? little old city that won next to nothing and no history before the money and pep spent £700milion on players ??????

To be fair he has pointed out before that though he isn't a fan of the ownership model if it happened to his team he would be over the moon and happy to see them become a top team competing.

Which let's be honest some blues felt like too.

It’s on the BBC’s Website now, saying that terms have been agreed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48420387

It goes on to say that the club is valued at £350 million, and considering inflation over the last decade, it sounds comparable to the £220 million HRH paid for us, though you have to take into account that Ashley is a greedy bastard as well.

Should we see this long term as a threat or embrace the competition?

My only surprise is that someone didn't buy NUFC a lot sooner. Been a sleeping giant for years. Massive upside potential if investment is done in the right way. Wonder though if they'll get the same level as vitriol as we've had to endure since 2008 ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.