shhhhhh, shhhhhhh - it's oh so quiet...

NipHolmes said:
Malty said:
I miss the City ITK's, even if it didn't happen it made the transfer window fun.

Come back Tolmie!!
RVP + Hazard were huge signings, we agreed terms with RVP but failed to sell striker/s, for a decent price anyway. Dzeko sea mooted but he earns double what they paid RVP.

Hazard fell though because we didn't pay agents fee or wages he was offered ar Chelsea.

Football moves quickly and we simply lost out. Our deadwood in Bridge, RSC, Kolo (still got it imo but way too expensive and unlikely to take cut in wage), M.Johnsonall finish deals. We also will most likely sell Sinclair and maybe Kolarov, a striker in either Tevez or Dzeko (Balo going this window imo) and Lescott.

We will save 500k-700k week from that lot as well as bring in fees for outgoings. Add new tv money and a possible premier league again and we go again but with both barrels this summer. I'm proper looking forward to this summer, we will see the new City as far as I'm concerned in all its glory.

Samuel's article today in the Fail all but says Arsenal sold RVP to the rags to stop us winning the league again. FFP related stitch-up to stop nouveau riche clubs upsetting the status-quo. A must read, thanks for the tip Tolmie.

Is there maybe an element of our owners watching is win 5 out of our last 6 matches and thinking " we don't really need to buy anyone this window"

Let's save the cash for the summer...

There is only one major difference and it can't be rectified in January: Robin Van Persie. If we want a clinical striker of his level we'll have to wait until summer as it will be a hugely expensive and complicated deal. We may have other smaller problems but not ones that require any urgent attention (like a Champions League level midfield). At most I think we may sign a young prodigy like Will Hughes and I guess if Kompany's suspension sticks we may have to bring forward plans to buy a right-footed defender which we will in summer when Kolo leaves.

I think there is no point of buying a striker when you have

Aguero
Tevez
Dzeko
Mario
Guidetti

I think United are better because their fullbacks Evra and Rafael are having a great season

Evra & Rafael have 9 assists and 6 goals.

Zaba & Clichy have 3 assists and 2 goals.

Tevez City said:

Aguero
Tevez
Dzeko
Mario
Guidetti

I think United are better because their fullbacks Evra and Rafael are having a great season

Sniff, sniff...hmm....

Tevez City said:

Aguero
Tevez
Dzeko
Mario
Guidetti

It's only a part of the problem.
In my opinion, Evra & Rafarel are subpar to Clichy & Zaba in defense but are far much better in attacking position.

The reason they are defo top of the table is ... VanPersie.

evra and rafael offer much more attacking but get smoked in defense, Clichy and zaba don't and will get better attacking but we also don't cross as much as united either unless dzeko is playing

NipHolmes said:
Malty said:
I miss the City ITK's, even if it didn't happen it made the transfer window fun.

Come back Tolmie!!
RVP + Hazard were huge signings, we agreed terms with RVP but failed to sell striker/s, for a decent price anyway. Dzeko sea mooted but he earns double what they paid RVP.

Hazard fell though because we didn't pay agents fee or wages he was offered ar Chelsea.

Football moves quickly and we simply lost out. Our deadwood in Bridge, RSC, Kolo (still got it imo but way too expensive and unlikely to take cut in wage), M.Johnsonall finish deals. We also will most likely sell Sinclair and maybe Kolarov, a striker in either Tevez or Dzeko (Balo going this window imo) and Lescott.

We will save 500k-700k week from that lot as well as bring in fees for outgoings. Add new tv money and a possible premier league again and we go again but with both barrels this summer. I'm proper looking forward to this summer, we will see the new City as far as I'm concerned in all its glory.

It is far too late for Balo to go when we wouldn't have a serious back up and Guidetti has only just started again so March until he back up to speed
So all in all you owe me a crisp £10.
I also think kolo would be willing to lower wage if he was playing more but guaranteed first team on same wages will see him move

Tevez City said:

Aguero
Tevez
Dzeko
Mario
Guidetti

And your true feelings begin to creep through...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.